Vicks Vaporub and Persistent Coughing

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
I got an email from a friend that said if you have a bad cough that you can rub Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of your feet and put your socks on just before you go to bed and you can sleep all night long without coughing. Have any of you tried this.
The same friend told that you could stop a short fat girl from passing gas if you would rub Vicks Vaporub on her arse, i tried it but don't know if it worked or not. She ran off squealing and hollering and fanning her butt, have not heard from her since. :lol: :lol:
Really, has anyone tried putting it on your feet?

My moma always put Vicks on our chest when we had a cold. I don't know why we stopped doing that, unless we just didn't like the smell. Well I've been up most of night with a lousy cold and their is no Vicks in the whole durn house. :help:

Yes, we use it like that all the time. Some people it works, some not.

If you want real results, put a little dab on you finger and rub on roof of your mouth or tongue. This really works for us. We have a 1yr old son that brings the jar for more!

It actually tastes fairly smooth and minty. Try it! :tiphat:

I've used Vicks and seemed to help.Dad used to have a jar of Raleigh's white salve that worked.
Also try Vick's for sore muscles.Rub in and apply heat.

hrbelgians":v471sbps said:
Yes, we use it like that all the time. Some people it works, some not.

If you want real results, put a little dab on you finger and rub on roof of your mouth or tongue. This really works for us. We have a 1yr old son that brings the jar for more!

It actually tastes fairly smooth and minty. Try it! :tiphat:

Label Information
Safety Information
Failure to follow these warnings could result in serious consequences. For external use only; avoid contact with eyes. Do not use by mouth; with tight bandages; in nostrils; on wounds or damaged skin. Ask a doctor before use if you have cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus); persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema. When using this product, do not heat; microwave; add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns. Stop use and ask a doctor if muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back; cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

read this post and thought WHAT that's real bad advise, this is what is inside the pages of the leaflet that comes with the bottle.

Boy I guess i'm the lucky one. When a kid and had a cold we ate it and wore it, mom was a firm believer in vicks salve.

Cal

my mother use to rub it on our chest and back when i was young. if we had fever or a stuffy nose etc we got vicksed. the vapors use to make my eyes water and would clear up my nose. we would wear an old shirt so it didnt get all over the bedsheets. sure makes you feel cold at first. i have never heard of putting it in your mouth either nor care to try that.

curtis":201t8woe said:
I got an email from a friend that said if you have a bad cough that you can rub Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of your feet and put your socks on just before you go to bed and you can sleep all night long without coughing. Have any of you tried this.
The same friend told that you could stop a short fat girl from passing gas if you would rub Vicks Vaporub on her arse, i tried it but don't know if it worked or not. She ran off squealing and hollering and fanning her butt, have not heard from her since. :lol: :lol:

Don't have any short fat girls in the house, so I can't vouch for that, but my wife has me doing the Vicks and socks trick. Except she has heard that it might cure my snoring. I don't know if it's working or not, but if it makes her happy...

Had an uncle one time that heard vicks would cure hemmorrhoids. Tried it and the last time I saw him his tenniwopers were smoking as he passed a corvet up on I 44.

Cal

Calman":39qw5n3d said:
Had an uncle one time that heard vicks would cure hemmorrhoids. Tried it and the last time I saw him his tenniwopers were smoking as he passed a corvet up on I 44.

Cal

Thats what the short fat girl did, she left a blue smoke trail behind her an squealing like a screech owl.

curtis":24296gsf said:
Calman":24296gsf said:

Cal

Thats what the short fat girl did, she left a blue smoke trail behind her an squealing like a screech owl.

Ya'll are killing me!! :lol:

These keybords are not disposable!!!! :lol: :lol:

Am I the only one who ever rubbed Mentholatum or Icy Hot on a sore back and then immediately scratched--uh, you know scratched where ya need to scratch sometimes. Just a tip, wash hands immediately after applying Icy Hot.

curtis":16ta1fmf said:

My mom would always do that when I was littler. It feels weird but I'd say it sure worked.

Latest posts