• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vegas 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,384
Reaction score
0
Location
Farmersville, Texas
Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.
 
OP
K

Kingfisher

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,195
Reaction score
1
Location
Austin Texas
"Under most state law(s) it is “required” to ‘officially’ establish the cause of death." That's what I heard.
 
OP
K

Kingfisher

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,195
Reaction score
1
Location
Austin Texas
slick4591":27sn5ajl said:
Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.

What if I don't want my kid cut up ?
 

Bestoutwest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
0
Location
Idaho
Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.
 

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,384
Reaction score
0
Location
Farmersville, Texas
Bestoutwest":2wru1t8w said:
Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.
 

Farm Fence Solutions

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2016
Messages
2,008
Reaction score
0
The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.
 

Bestoutwest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
0
Location
Idaho
Farm Fence Solutions":19xmp8ks said:
The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.

slick4591":19xmp8ks said:
Bestoutwest":19xmp8ks said:
Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.

Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.
 

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,384
Reaction score
0
Location
Farmersville, Texas
Farm Fence Solutions":2ueswzco said:
The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

That seems logical, but in most murder cases it goes back to proving the allegations in the indictment. I believe any court would overrule the family in a murder situation. In the case you cited there is no one to prosecute so why not oblige the family. I'm sure there's case law on this somewhere.
 

slick4591

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
10,384
Reaction score
0
Location
Farmersville, Texas
Bestoutwest":37enzpui said:
Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.

Perry Mason or Matlock kinda stuff there.
 

boondocks

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
0
Location
Upstate NY
Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?
 

ALACOWMAN

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
16,917
Reaction score
11
Location
Alabama the Beautiful
Bestoutwest":2dzd83hx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2dzd83hx said:
The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.


They pretty much knew the 'how' he died...and more than likely the coroner would have to saw the poor kid up..
 

Workinonit Farm

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
7,151
Reaction score
0
Location
Ctrl Virginia
boondocks":32apsk1e said:
Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?

Yes, but I have no specifics or "links" to back it up.
 

Latest posts

Top