Vegas 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.

"Under most state law(s) it is "required" to 'officially' establish the cause of death." That's what I heard.

slick4591":27sn5ajl said:
Unattended deaths, and if an accomplice is located and charged the evidence has to be there in case of a trial. It's a "manner and means" thing as charged in any indictment.

What if I don't want my kid cut up ?

Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Bestoutwest":2wru1t8w said:
Slick, maybe you can help on this, to make sure someone didn't take the opportunity and kill someone by some other means. Just a thought.

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.

The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

Farm Fence Solutions":19xmp8ks said:
The young man that North Korea killed, Otto Warimbier's (sp?) family requested that there not be a full autopsy, so there was only a non invasive physical examination. Don't know the law on that, but seems the family would have some say so.

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.

slick4591":19xmp8ks said:
Bestoutwest":19xmp8ks said:

Guess you're talking about an opportunistic second killer? Always a possibility and an autopsy should uncover that. Autopsies are not always the gory picture we conjure up in our minds. They can be anywhere to a visual and blood test to the open cavity kind. Just depends on each circumstance.

Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.

Farm Fence Solutions":2ueswzco said:

That seems logical, but in most murder cases it goes back to proving the allegations in the indictment. I believe any court would overrule the family in a murder situation. In the case you cited there is no one to prosecute so why not oblige the family. I'm sure there's case law on this somewhere.

Bestoutwest":37enzpui said:
Yeah, and I know that that scenario is WAAAAAAAAYYY out in left field, but if you've worked law enforcement, medical, fire, etc, you know that weird stuff happens all the time.

Perry Mason or Matlock kinda stuff there.

Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?

Bestoutwest":2dzd83hx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2dzd83hx said:

I thought that was weird. I'd want to know why my kid died, but hey, that's me.

They pretty much knew the 'how' he died...and more than likely the coroner would have to saw the poor kid up..

boondocks":32apsk1e said:
Weren't there a few (or at least one) instance of someone taking "advantage" of 9/11 or hurricane to claim loved one died/disappeared?

Yes, but I have no specifics or "links" to back it up.

Latest posts