Valhalla Ranch in Colorado

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Is anybody familiar with this ranch? My understanding is that they used to be a big Gelbvieh seed stock operation and sold out. I have been talking to a guy in Kentucky that says that he bought out their semen and embryo inventory along with several older brood cows. He is selling the semen and embryos. Semen at 10 per straw and embryos at 100 each. He says he has 700 straws of semen and 200 embryos. Most of the genetics are supposed to be of the older type. He is supposed to be sending me a list of what he has. I am fishing for info on what type of operation they had and what types of genetics they had.

I've been looking at that ad on craigslist. I wondered if the stuff was viable.

Bigfoot":22x0tt1k said:
I've been looking at that ad on craigslist. I wondered if the stuff was viable.
I called and talked to him.....he sounded legit. I am curious on what he has. Especially embryos.

I would really check out those genetics. The "older type" means polled and black could have been more of a priority than just the top quality as the breed was evolving. Gelbvieh has made amazing genetic progress from the rawboned, big headed animals they started with. Don't go too far backwards!

Older genetics that were ground breakers years ago, they still raise cattle but have scaled down.

We used their bulls for years until they sold out. Great people and good cattle, their bulls were mostly red and if they were still in buisness we would still be doing buisness with them today.

Latest posts