vacuum

Help Support CattleToday:

RebelCritter

Reaction score
Ok folks, I need your help. My vacuum is dying. Want your opinion, which model do you own, like, wish you had? I have heard a lot of good things about the dyson. Anybody have opinions on them?

Thanks!

I have had a Dyson about four years and like it very much. It has a lot of suction and if you have deep pile carpet, it can be hard to push. It does a great job.

Something I know nothing about but my wife uses a Rainbow. Had it for quite a few years so I assume it's good.

TexasBred":3jwbhk0q said:
Something I know nothing about but my wife uses a Rainbow. Had it for quite a few years so I assume it's good.

Me too. I bought the whole system nearly 20 years ago. I hate dust bags. The rainbow blows it all into the water and you dump it. No dust and no mess. I have used it as a shop vac a time or two. The carpet shampoo attachment works better than anything I have ever rented. We don't use it much so it hasn't had a lot of wear.

Had to go look. We have a Bissell. I think we've had this one about a year and haven't had any problems. Should last a long time 'cause it doesn't get used much. ;-)

backhoeboogie":2lix7b6m said:
TexasBred":2lix7b6m said:

Me too. I bought the whole system nearly 20 years ago. I hate dust bags. The rainbow blows it all into the water and you dump it. No dust and no mess. I have used it as a shop vac a time or two. The carpet shampoo attachment works better than anything I have ever rented. We don't use it much so it hasn't had a lot of wear.

We have a rainbow, a hyla and a kirby.

One thing I will say though is that when the hyla salesman first came we ran the kirby and the rainbow in the room the guy would work in just before and came and his sweeper still picked stuff up. That was the main reason we bought it. it's also a good air filter.

Thanks!

I used a rainbow before and didnt like that nasty water. where do you dump it? yuck. It was a good vac though.

CPL, I did that once with a vacuum salesman. he vacuumed a spot that I had done with my vac and he showed me how much more his vac got out, using a filter type thingy to show the dirt. I said let me have one of them filters and put it on my old vac and did the same spot, now done 3 times, and still got dirt out! its a gimmic. :)

Chrisy, does that henry really have a face painted on it? its cute! :lol:

appreciate the input folks!

RebelCritter":12nk2aav said:
Thanks!

I used a rainbow before and didnt like that nasty water. where do you dump it? yuck.

Do you live in the city? If so, can't you flush it down the toilet?

The dirtier the water, the cleaner your house becomes. Better to have dirty water than fine particulate coming out of a filter.

RebelCritter":2z4staxg said:
Thanks!

I used a rainbow before and didnt like that nasty water. where do you dump it? yuck. It was a good vac though.

CPL, I did that once with a vacuum salesman. he vacuumed a spot that I had done with my vac and he showed me how much more his vac got out, using a filter type thingy to show the dirt. I said let me have one of them filters and put it on my old vac and did the same spot, now done 3 times, and still got dirt out! its a gimmic. :)

Chrisy, does that henry really have a face painted on it? its cute! :lol:

appreciate the input folks!
yes he does have a face on him the nozle is his nose, I sometimes find myself talking to him, when he gets stuck on a cahir leg or something. My son laughs at me and says don't think he'll talk to you Mother. going mad in my old age.

RebelCritter":2m1paiid said:
Ok folks, I need your help. My vacuum is dying. Want your opinion, which model do you own, like, wish you had? I have heard a lot of good things about the dyson. Anybody have opinions on them?

Thanks!

RC, I have the Dyson Animal and like it a lot with the exception that it is pretty heavy if you have to carry it upstairs. The suction is fantastic, has attachments for wood floors and an attachment with a beater head for furniture or vehicles.

I have a shop vac :lol2: Seriously. There is no carpeting in our house though. The thing was $35 on sale, sucks up everything ~ small cats, matchbox cars, socks and other stuff I have to go digging for. I can vacuum the kitchen and if I bump the dog water ~ vacuum it up too. Have had it for 2 years. Take it out ~ vacuum the truck. I don't think it would work so well on carpet though......

I hear those Tennvac's are pretty good. They suck really good and if you reverse them, they blow hard. :lol2:

BHB, no I dont live in the city, I wouldnt want that in my toilet either, ew! But youre right, I hate the dusty bags and canisters too.

Chrisy, :lol2: I must admit, I talk to 'things' too! fortunately nobody hears me! :lol2: :lol2:

MM, that is the one I was considering. Ive heard really good things about that one. Thanks! I think thats what Ill get.

Angie, I have a shopvac. I could use that until I get a new one. :nod: I hadnt thought about that.

FB, that wasnt no help at all. btw, how do you know so much bout them tennvacs? :lol2:

Thanks for the input folks!

RebelCritter":3rvg2fez said:
FB, that wasnt no help at all. btw, how do you know so much bout them tennvacs? :lol2:

I absorbed it from reading all those posts by WP, Crowder, TennMasterBeefExpertKing, and others.

Latest posts