Vaccinations?

Help Support CattleToday:

Gliderider

Reaction score
What are the recommended vaccinations for beef cattle in the southeast? What do you give or not and why, and how long should you wait(after vaccinatingf) before taking the cattle to slaughter?

How to phrase your questions to your area large animal vet....They pretty much fall into three main categories. Ask the following:

1. What do they use for respiratories?
2. Blackleg
3. Worming

Bangs vaccine is required on all heifers between about 3-12 months. This can only be done by a vet.

Once you get products your vet uses in your area, then read the labels. You can go on the web and look each label up.

In case you care I use:

Virashield 6 Vibrio/Lepto 5- for respiratories/breeding diseases
Vision 8 blackleg
Ivomec plus wormer injectible.

TXCOWBOY":1ew3jrn8 said:
How to phrase your questions to your area large animal vet....They pretty much fall into three main categories. Ask the following:

1. What do they use for respiratories?
2. Blackleg
3. Worming

Bangs vaccine is required on all heifers between about 3-12 months. This can only be done by a vet.

Once you get products your vet uses in your area, then read the labels. You can go on the web and look each label up.

In case you care I use:

Virashield 6 Vibrio/Lepto 5- for respiratories/breeding diseases
Vision 8 blackleg
Ivomec plus wormer injectible.

I don;t know what the bangs requirements are in NC but they are not the same in every state. If the state is brucellosis free vaccination isn;t required. Whoever Minnesota just lost there certification so it can happen

dun

NC has no required vaccines, including Bangs.

None of the surrounding states have vaccine requirements either. the closest state that requires a shipping health cerificate (indicates required vaccines) is Florida.

Latest posts