vaccinating multiple animals what do you do about needles?

Help Support CattleToday:

I bought a gun for the injectable dewormer. It came with Ivomec Plus. I stuck the end cap into the 500Ml bottle of dewormer and the rubber pushed into the dewormer bottle! Bummer! I had to pour every bit of it into a quarter size mason jar (did I say I was southern) and I have to draw it up out of that. I can't figure out what happened. If it ever happens again you'll see a thread on here asking questions.

BARNSCOOP":13vhgupz said:
I bought a gun for the injectable dewormer. It came with Ivomec Plus. I stuck the end cap into the 500Ml bottle of dewormer and the rubber pushed into the dewormer bottle! Bummer! I had to pour every bit of it into a quarter size mason jar (did I say I was southern) and I have to draw it up out of that. I can't figure out what happened. If it ever happens again you'll see a thread on here asking questions.

Been there before. Those ends are just too big to shove in. I usually take a regular needle and jab the stopper several times to make a path for it.

Larry

BARNSCOOP":3q3aj71g said:

Never had that happen before. Possibly just a defective bottle.

we always start the hole with a regular needle, that is what the instructions say on the package when you first get the syringe. i used my prima tech today it holds the big bottle of vaccine, i did like it.

Okay, well I am glad to know how to fix it next time. I didn't get instructions with mine. The local co-op only had the one and maybe someone took them out. Thanks alot for informing me!

Latest posts