USPS

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't think they allowed four letter words on this board. Still waiting on a package mailed two weeks ago.Z

I sent out several, came back to me all tore up. And several came back claiming there wasn't enough postage. By the time they carried it around, then decided there wasn't enough postage and sent it back they could have had it in MO. :roll:

Maybe Hutch can shed some light on this "snail mail" issue.

Now that we took a box at the post office we haven't had any trouble...a couple of young studs must have need the base to our mail box more than we did. Would have took two 'cause it was on a 4" steel pipe welded to a old steel semi rim.
DMc

We don't get mail any longer at the mailbox. I hate spending almost 50 bucks a year for a po box, but we can't keep mailboxes around here. I think that there is a season for them or something... Plus, you get all these offers for pre-approved credit cards and stuff. Any bum could steal your identity or apply for credit in your name. I just don't trust the mail box anymore.

Lazy carriers get on my nerves, too. The carrier in my parent's town regularly delivers their social security checks to a guy one street over. I am trying to talk them in to having direct deposit. Gone is the day when you knew your letter carrier and had a good relationship with him or her.

cowboyup216":9hmldag3 said:
Ive always had problems with my mail. My driver is so damned lazy that If I have a package whether it fits in the mailbox or not he is to damned lazy to get out of his truck and walk to the door. Instead he leaves me a note telling me to come get the package at the post office. I think next time he does it. Im going to bill him for my time and gas and see what he thinks about that. I have filed complaint after complaint against him with his supervisor. After 3 complaints they are supposed to be fired. So much for small town justice Hmmmmmmmmph

You cant get a carrier fired around here because, nobody ever will acknowledge a complaint. Glad our carrier just quit. Was the laziest person in the country. She refused to drive through a gate, and would leave final notice slips on a first delivery attempt of a package. :mad:

If you don't get satisfaction from complaining to their supervisor or the postmaster then find out who is your postmaster's supervisor or write direct to the postmaster general... that grabs their attention !

If your mailbox is in 1/4 mile of your house they are supposed to bring it to your house.

The postal service has in the last few years tried to get all mail to go through the machines, not only letters, but parcels and flats (flats are magazines and anything over 5x7 size). When they run the mail (letters and flats) thru the machine it walk sequences them, which means when the mail arrives at the post office (in larger areas with a population of more than 10,000) all the rural carrier/letter carrier has to do is take that tray and just go down their route or that is what its supposed to do. However, that's not what really happens. Many times it is out of sequence and the carrier won't know it until he goes to deliver the mail.

Common sense would tell you that you should figure how much time (clerk hours) are needed to process a tub or tray of mail and then plan your clerk hours accordingly......... but NOoooo, the postal service goes by last years clerk usage so if you used 10 clerk hours on July 31, 2006 then they want you to use 9 clerk hours on July 31, 2007 irrregardless of the amount of mail you receive..... otherwise its reflected on the postmaster's bonus at the end of the year.

We have an excellent mail carrier and I'm thankful for it. Brings packages up to the door and puts then in a plastic bag if it looks like rain. One Saturday a while ago I had put some ougoing mail in the mailbox, but forgot to put stamps on them. I was working in the yard when she came and she said she'd wait while I stamped them in case they were time sensitive. They weren't, but can't ask for better service than that. They're not all lazy and incompetent.

If you believe you are having that much problem with your local post office, then go to the website and make your complaint there or find out how to get your complaint through to someone higher up on the food chain. A lot of problems right now with the mail are the storms that have come through, especially in Denver.

MoGal":3pwj97e4 said:
If you don't get satisfaction from complaining to their supervisor or the postmaster then find out who is your postmaster's supervisor or write direct to the postmaster general... that grabs their attention !

If your mailbox is in 1/4 mile of your house they are supposed to bring it to your house.

The postal service has in the last few years tried to get all mail to go through the machines, not only letters, but parcels and flats (flats are magazines and anything over 5x7 size). When they run the mail (letters and flats) thru the machine it walk sequences them, which means when the mail arrives at the post office (in larger areas with a population of more than 10,000) all the rural carrier/letter carrier has to do is take that tray and just go down their route or that is what its supposed to do. However, that's not what really happens. Many times it is out of sequence and the carrier won't know it until he goes to deliver the mail.

Common sense would tell you that you should figure how much time (clerk hours) are needed to process a tub or tray of mail and then plan your clerk hours accordingly......... but NOoooo, the postal service goes by last years clerk usage so if you used 10 clerk hours on July 31, 2006 then they want you to use 9 clerk hours on July 31, 2007 irrregardless of the amount of mail you receive..... otherwise its reflected on the postmaster's bonus at the end of the year.
Some good info here! Do you work for the Post Office? You are right on with walk sequence mail(DPS). Probably 95 % of the mistakes in DPS is mail that the machines can't read and goes thru a remote encoding center, where a postal employee looks at a image of the letter on a computer screen, then matches the address to the USPS's data base of address. The problem is that their software is like a spell check program, it gives several options as to the correct address. They don't always get it right. I'm sure they are under pressure to do so many pieces per minute. Comes back to the Supervisors bonus....that is their main concern, not quality. Not all supervisors are like this but as with any big company you get some!
Cert I would agree, with you about just getting the job done and deliver the mail pc. Unfortunately It has been my experience that (some) of the people make some of those types of the decisions don't always use common sense!
As for the packages not being delivered to your house, it is an 1/2 mile from the road and YES we are required to take it to the door step( not just pull up and honk horn). I think USPS website may have a link to lodge complaint. I would use this method if you get no reaction from your local Post Office, if it happens again, lodge an other comlpaint. Postmaster will get tired of dealing with it and make the carrier do their job!
Hope this helps. (Hey we are not all lazy) :oops:

Latest posts