Uses for old tires?

Help Support CattleToday:

Mosquito farming .... just kidding .... a man down here is making horse swings out of car tires and selling them. Has stirrups saddle head and the works. Pretty inovative. He sales them at feed stores and fairs.

The old black people around my area bury them half way in the ground and line the driveway with them. Occasionally they will paint them white .

run a bar through 4 of them or you can bolt them together side by side --- hook a chain on each side to pull with---there you have it a manure spreader!!

we have 3 large ones bolted together to go "turn bustin'" with, as the neighbor gal calls it, in the pasture. I saw a guy bury big ones as a sort of wind break in a feed lot. we also put feed pans in them so the pans don't tip over. but otherwise mostly mosquito breeding.

Seen this a few places.. Bull pens if you stack semi tires and throw a chunk of rail or tree in each stack then fill with rocks.

simangus5 said:
run a bar through 4 of them or you can bolt them together side by side --- hook a chain on each side to pull with---there you have it a manure spreader!!

uhhhhhhhh... Wha?

I think a picture might help.. Or at least a better description. :lol:

Lay them on the black top when I walk the caterpillar across the county road the divides the property. It keeps me from trailering it 40 feet.

denoginnizer":1715sahl said:
The old black people around my area bury them half way in the ground and line the driveway with them. Occasionally they will paint them white .

I really hope you are kidding.

backhoeboogie":35k4jvch said:
denoginnizer":35k4jvch said:

- seen it myself - it is a fine piece of landscaping!
I think that is how shabby chic decorating got started! :roll:

If your a shooter 3 stacks filled with dirt make excellent backstops.

If you dig a pond you can seed the dam and then lay old tires around the dam. It keeps the cattle from walking on the dam much, and allows whatever you planted to take root.

backhoeboogie":9og2bi9t said:
denoginnizer":9og2bi9t said:

Trust me he's not. I've seen many driveways done like that. If you think about it it makes good sense. When you come home Saturday night they make a good easy to focus on lane that can keep you from running over mama's rose bushes. :lol: :lol: :lol: Z

MillIronQH":23e82z2q said:
backhoeboogie":23e82z2q said:
denoginnizer":23e82z2q said:

Trust me he's not. I've seen many driveways done like that. If you think about it it makes good sense. When you come home Saturday night they make a good easy to focus on lane that can keep you from running over mama's rose bushes. :lol: :lol: :lol: Z

We used to see alot of that in the Mojave Desert. Sometimes it's the only way to tell what is driveway and what is just desert

dun

Dun... You are welcome to all the Mojave and the Ocatilla and the Jumping Cholla you want. Just give me a little piece of the Rim Country say around Strawberry. I'd settle for the Z lazy Y. It's only a couple of hundred acres deeded. Well there is the 200 sections of Forest Service land that goes with it. :) Z

I use them to hold down the plastic on the silage pile. I also stack round bales then cover the stack with a tarp. I throw a piece of twine over the stack and tie a tire to each end holding the tire slightly off the ground. Keeps the plastic from blowing off.
Dave

Latest posts