useless cats

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":3d9tqqsv said:
Gale you guys have flying mice there? Or is the cat practicing her juggling routine? :lol:

aplus, Boots is a no-miss, no-mess cat...she also pulled this stunt when we had a visitor and we were all sitting outside at the table...Boots flung a mouse up and over the table between all the people. The visiting lady said, "Oh, is that a trick?" :lol:

jack.diamond":3bgcmdq2 said:
This is my wife's useless farm cat, Tripod. He adopted us a few months ago. Must have been caught in someone's snare trap. He is missing his right front paw. He don't catch nothing but a bunch of naps.

Jack

Tripod is a beautiful cat! I'm glad he has found a good home. I see too many cats and dogs dead on the side of the roads around here, and it's nice to know that there is one less. :)

We hadn't had a cat around for about a year. Then I found one last Feb. Someone had just dumped him off which ticks me off to no end. :mad: Anyhow, took him to my mother's house (my husband has allergies) and he became an inside cat that loves outside. He gets fed inside daily and he also hunts like crazy. Clears out the mice from the barn and haystack, just a great cat. A good mouser is one of the most productive memebers of the ranch and should be paid with high quality food to keep them doing their jobs.

Sad, I think that cats are the most abused of all animals. Our local pound has some awful stories. I don't care if people like them or not, abuse is still abuse and cats deserve good treatment or humane death. Starvation, freezing, torture is just not acceptable.

Victoria":267tyeyc said:
We hadn't had a cat around for about a year. Then I found one last Feb. Someone had just dumped him off which ticks me off to no end. :mad: Anyhow, took him to my mother's house (my husband has allergies) and he became an inside cat that loves outside. He gets fed inside daily and he also hunts like crazy. Clears out the mice from the barn and haystack, just a great cat. A good mouser is one of the most productive memebers of the ranch and should be paid with high quality food to keep them doing their jobs.

Sad, I think that cats are the most abused of all animals. Our local pound has some awful stories. I don't care if people like them or not, abuse is still abuse and cats deserve good treatment or humane death. Starvation, freezing, torture is just not acceptable.

glad the cat you found has now got a good home....and I whole heartedly agree cats do deserve a good life, as do all Gods creatures. Abuse will catch up with you one day. albeit the last one.

Vicky the vet":11p5bdj9 said:
Frankie":11p5bdj9 said:
But if the cat hunts, he gets taurine?

Yes, it can. It's cats that are fed dog food or mostly dog food that will have the problem. Dilated cardiomyopathy is caused by lack of taurine, as is blindness. Carnitine has been linked with HCM, but most cases are genetic. Research continues into it tho.....

Should I stop feeding them dog food when they start to growl or can you go right up until they start to bark? :lol:

Gale,

The wife treats Tripod very well. Sometimes I think to well as he doesn't make much effort to hunt. We have three other house cats that don't much go outside and three dogs (chocolate lab, 18 inch beagle and boxer). The dogs and cats actually get along together, no fighting. My wife does indeed take good care of them, you should see the vet bills. :)

Jack

msscamp":3ff6s95l said:
NamVet_Farmer44":3ff6s95l said:
Bama":3ff6s95l said:
msscamp":3ff6s95l said:
Carlos D.":3ff6s95l said:
I use to put out cheap dog food and when they got hungry they would eat that. but mostly they just hunted.

carl

Might want to consider putting out cheap cat food if you want them to stay around - dog food lacks taurine and will cause them to go blind. I also agree with Frankie - if you want them in the barn, feed them in the barn.

I'm lost here
Cats must eat cat food or they will go blind??

They dont need catfood, they just need meat, as long as they can catch a dang bird at least, then they can get taurine

And then we wonder why organizations like PETA have come to be. :roll: :roll: :roll:

They aint my cats, I didn't put them there, far as i'm concerned it aint my responsibility to take care of every animal that's dropped off on my land :roll:

Victoria":1m5xyhpm said:

I agree, and you're absolutely right.

NamVet_Farmer44":19cny1d2 said:
msscamp":19cny1d2 said:
NamVet_Farmer44":19cny1d2 said:
Bama":19cny1d2 said:
msscamp":19cny1d2 said:
Carlos D.":19cny1d2 said:
I use to put out cheap dog food and when they got hungry they would eat that. but mostly they just hunted.

carl

Might want to consider putting out cheap cat food if you want them to stay around - dog food lacks taurine and will cause them to go blind. I also agree with Frankie - if you want them in the barn, feed them in the barn.

I'm lost here

They dont need catfood, they just need meat, as long as they can catch a dang bird at least, then they can get taurine

And then we wonder why organizations like PETA have come to be. :roll: :roll: :roll:

They aint my cats, I didn't put them there, far as i'm concerned it aint my responsibility to take care of every animal that's dropped off on my land :roll:

And yet, by previous posts, you consider yourself a Christian? It is the responsibility of every one of us to look after God's creatures. If you can't feel compassion for a homeless, hungry, starving animal then that speaks volumes about your capacity for caring about people in my book. People have a choice, animals do not.

msscamp":ahdfpm3y said:
If you can't feel compassion for a homeless, hungry, starving animal then that speaks volumes about your capacity for caring about people in my book. People have a choice, animals do not.

Well said! :clap: :clap:

TnWI":3cs9jisf said:
msscamp":3cs9jisf said:
If you can't feel compassion for a homeless, hungry, starving animal then that speaks volumes about your capacity for caring about people in my book. People have a choice, animals do not.

Well said! :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: totally agree....

msscamp":146wwmna said:
NamVet_Farmer44":146wwmna said:
NamVet_Farmer44":146wwmna said:
Bama":146wwmna said:
Carlos D.":146wwmna said:

carl

I'm lost here

And yet, by previous posts, you consider yourself a Christian? It is the responsibility of every one of us to look after God's creatures. If you can't feel compassion for a homeless, hungry, starving animal then that speaks volumes about your capacity for caring about people in my book. People have a choice, animals do not.

Yes, I do consider myself a Christian...and don't say that crap about homeless, hungry, starving animals...They are not homeless, they're living in MY barns...and hungry and starving? I haven't found 1 dead cat on my land that was skinny enough to have starved to death, THEY ARE CATS, not people...so stop acting like they are poor helpless children...They are fully able to catch their own food without my assistance, just as they did before we domesticated them...They haven't lost their claws, teeth, and instinct to hunt :roll: ...if you are so compassionate about animals, then I give you full permission to come out here and take every cat away, you can have every one of the feline AIDS infested cats, you take care of them if you are such a great Christian woman...People have choices huh? Don't sit there and act like homeless, hungry, starving people don't die every day, people that DON'T have a choice, People that noones helps out...Why are you not out helping them, afterall, isn't that our responsibility as a Christian, to help them out as you said? :roll: :roll: :roll: