USDA makes changes in farm subsidies for"city folks"

Help Support CattleToday:

Nobody has ever wanted to bite this one off, but it's a start.

One of the next groups that wants in is the high fence game farms.

I think this is smoke and mirrors for PR and I doubt it will reduce any fraud or waste. There are members in congress who collect these checks so I doubt they would ever pass anything that didn't have enough loopholes for them to get around. And to be realistic, most of todays farms handle a pile of money and $250,000 is not that much in the scope of things. I know some whose technology payment to Monsanto would be probably half this amount. Fair or not, looks like Monsanto keeps winning this "right to charge" this fee. Think it has even made it to the Supreme Court where Clarence Thomas - an ex-Monsanto attorney - now sits. Business as usual I'd say.

Personally, I think a better way to approach this in agriculture and any other business would be a cap on subsidies based on the taxes you pay into the system. I would think it would be better that you cannot draw any more money from the government than you pay in. Basically allowing you a tax free enterprise. If you can't make it on this then you need to find another vocation.

We all be better off if they just ditched all subsidies, and cut taxes in half or more. No need for a a hand out if the Government doesn't take all of your money in the first place.

sim.-ang.king":1qzhzbmd said:
We all be better off if they just ditched all subsidies, and cut taxes in half or more. No need for a a hand out if the Government doesn't take all of your money in the first place.

Amen.
Cut off all subsidies period no matter the group.
Subsidy or welfare it is the same thing tax somebody to give it to somebody else.

Latest posts