USA Today --- half page ad

Help Support CattleToday:

jcummins

Reaction score
Has back end of cow, with tail straight out. Below tail has 'Gases produced by animal argiculture are leading contributors to global warming.'

Goes on with how bad this is on environment, etc, etc....says you should be a vegetarian. Also asked for $35 or more contribution. paid for by Friends of Animals.

I wonder how many $$$ this ad brought in for them.

jcummins":2wp7p6lc said:
Has back end of cow, with tail straight out. Below tail has 'Gases produced by animal argiculture are leading contributors to global warming.'

Goes on with how bad this is on environment, etc, etc....says you should be a vegetarian. Also asked for $35 or more contribution. paid for by Friends of Animals.

They may be right, but when you run into one of them - tell them to take on the big guys first and leave us little folks alone.

World cattle inventory:

India - 26.7%
Brazil - 16.2%
China - 13.8%
U.S. - 9.3%
Argentia - 5.0%
Mid East / North Africa - 3.6%
Mexico - 2.9%
Australia - 2.7%
Russia - 2.1%
Canada - 1.5%

Others if you are interested - Go to Canfax and have a peek.

Do you suppose it is because the big guys would:

a. Tell them to *&%$&%$ off?

b. Put them in jail?

c. Both?

In fact they are after money and the society we live in today allows a lot of idiots to live and do their best to re-engineer our society.

I wonder just how many people did send money?

The advertisement probably cost in the region of 10's of thousands - there must be a return on this or it would not be worth while.

Bez!

They don't want to talk about cutting down the forest to plant more grains if everyone went vegetarian. Or the fertilizer runoff from farming more acres. Or what we'd do with the residue from grains and vegetables if we didn't feed it to livestock. You know there's a lot more to a soybean than just tofu? Beef is one of the most nutrient dense foods out there. If everyone gave up meat, the demand in the US for grains and vegetables to substitute would go sky high and we'd have to clear more land to produce those crops.

Well me and Larry the Cable guy.....are in big trouble. I ain't getting a shot for gas.

Global warming is one of the biggest hoaxes of our time. There is so much discrepancies in it and way it is reported. For example when they compare the temps to that of say 50 years ago. They have closed down thousands of reporting stations that use to be in operation 50 years ago. Which manipulates the temp averages. Also use to maybe a temp reading in a region was taken in middle of a hay meadow but now it is taken at an airport which reports higher temps.

Then media jumps on the Hurricane band wagon as proof, but if you look at history there was more reported hurricanes in 1911-1920 than there was in 1991-2000 http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml in 1911 I am sure the few cars and trains going were not causing global warming.

Cows and even Man for that matter our such a minute speck on this earth and the great power that God gave it to cleanse itself.

It is all just a hype much like Sars, Bird flu, just something to get people worked up over so they will Vote for Al Gore when he runs again. And suck money out of us.

They say we are loosing forest but actually we have more forest now than we did 50 years ago. Just they only use natural forest land in their figures and do not count all the millions of acres of trees planted by the conservation department.

aplusmnt":2o4818k6 said:
Global warming is one of the biggest hoaxes of our time. There is so much discrepancies in it and way it is reported. For example when they compare the temps to that of say 50 years ago. They have closed down thousands of reporting stations that use to be in operation 50 years ago. Which manipulates the temp averages. Also use to maybe a temp reading in a region was taken in middle of a hay meadow but now it is taken at an airport which reports higher temps.

Then media jumps on the Hurricane band wagon as proof, but if you look at history there was more reported hurricanes in 1911-1920 than there was in 1991-2000 http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml in 1911 I am sure the few cars and trains going were not causing global warming.

Cows and even Man for that matter our such a minute speck on this earth and the great power that God gave it to cleanse itself.

It is all just a hype much like Sars, Bird flu, just something to get people worked up over so they will Vote for Al Gore when he runs again. And suck money out of us.

They say we are loosing forest but actually we have more forest now than we did 50 years ago. Just they only use natural forest land in their figures and do not count all the millions of acres of trees planted by the conservation department.

I tend to believe global warming is real the polar ice caps are getting smaller and thats real. I also believe it has to a lot to do with the age of old mother earth she is getting old. We have a lot less major Volcanic activity which actually cool the earth from the soot and dust blown into the upper atmosphere.
None of the major Calderas have went in the last hundred years ah but there is hope as Yellowstone is overdue. Aplus when she goes wont have to worry much about most os the central US as it will be under feet of ash.

Is it fact that speices requiring warmer weather are moving north? I never used to see armildillo where I grew up.Now they are a common pest. I don't remember having mosquitoes in March here before. They arrived with a vengeance about 3 weeks ago :( I don't know if cows gas is causing it or not, but something is changing.
opps what was the topic cow toots or media bias.

aplusmnt":t56cohoq said:

You are right Aplus. If anyone ever gets a chance to watch the show on HBO "Penn & Teller's Bull Be Nice" you should. It lays down facts, and shows the vast division of scientists on the topic of Global Warming. Really a great show. The layout all the facts from many different organizations (not just the facts they want you to know). Plus it is pretty funny and they through in a little magic to add some entertainment. I saw 3 episodes: Global Warming, Recycling and PETA. I learned so much from each episode. If most people that just followed actually took the time to look at some facts regarding each, they would be shocked. Very eye-opening stuff.

Ryan

It is easy to bury your head in the sand but over the last 50+ years I have witnessed milder winters and hotter summers and less rainfall with each coming year. We have not had a wet spring since 99. You see birds here starting to nest in Febuary now. The earth has cyclic weather patterns we are for some reason in a hotter dryer climate now. Pastures that used to carry a cow per acre now you need 2 acres.
Aplus you talk about forest how about the 2 1/2 million acres of subtropical rainforest that was destroyed in Texas by burning and cutting to be replaced with pine the most inefficient tree there is in CO2 conversion and H2O losses.
You can't fool mother nature no matter how hard you try.
Nasa has done some very interesting research on the effects of man in large cities on climate changes.

You have to remember man is the most destructive beast on the planet.

jcummins":1ot3tyqw said:

So if we eat the cows, they'll produce less gas? That seems to go against their ad. Typical! Turn the animals lose and let them multiply.

Nova had a good global warming debate a few years back. It seems that some scientists believe that warming the oceans will produce more moisture in the atmosphere. That will produce more rain and lightening. Lightening produces ozone.

The earth survived the ice age, brought on by a meteor strike, and eventually regained balance. Maybe she'll do it again, in reverse this time.

Well for those of you that think "we" or "cattle" are the ones killing the earth take a look at this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/01/science/earth/01climate.html?ei=5065&en=e3ee5ed70c936bca&ex=1149739200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

"55 million years ago the Arctic Ocean was much warmer than scientists imagined"

Somebody please explain to me how we had something to do with the change in that environment?

The biggest key to remember on this whole global warming thing is it is a liberal issue! Just like all other Liberal issues it is supported by the main stream media. It falls right in there with gun control, tax breaks for the rich that do not help the poor, welfare and social issues. So A red flag should go up that doing something about global warming is supported by the liberals so strongly.

As far as ice caps getting smaller, this is very real if and only if you report the areas that are getting smaller. What liberal media and shows do not point out is in other areas they are getting bigger. http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm

I do not doubt that the earth is making changes, it is living and breathing. It has changed for millions of years and will continue to do so rather there is a cow farting or a SUV driving down the freeway.

All of the changes scientist say happened millions of years ago, such as the Ice age. How did all this happen then with out Global Warming? Why is one of the worse Hurricane seasons with the strongest ones recorded happen in in 1911 and 1940 not in year 2000? Because weather and the earth has cycles, always has and always will.

Here is some interesting reading that does not come from the Liberals

http://www.fathersforlife.org/REA/warming13.htm

http://www.fathersforlife.org/REA/warming6.htm

http://www.fathersforlife.org/REA/warming10.htm

J":3kvpyd6i said:
Somebody please explain to me how we had something to do with the change in that environment?

We didn't.

I agree with most of Caustic's observations and so would my father and he's been around for 67 years. The climate is changing, it has changed in the past and it will change again. Whether current changes observed are caused by mankind or not mankind will have to adapt as best it can. We all know the alternative, those that can't adapt..........

"Global warming" is based on flawed science and is a monstrous liberal hoax. The earth,actually our universe, is not "infinitely old",it had a beginning and it will have an end.The first law of thermodynamics says that heat is transferred from warm to cold surfaces. If the universe was infinitely old,everything would be the same temperature, it isn't, which means that things are still "cooling down", not "warming up". Also, physics teaches us that our universe itself is finite, and not infinite as previously believed.The earth is only about 6,000 years old,and not "millions" as commonly believed. ;-) 8)

What makes you so sure the world is 6000 years old as the good book states a day is like 10,000 years and 10,000 years the same as a day. The only one that knows how old it is is him.

P.S.

I agree that our weather is changing, I am old enough to remember the distinct "four seasons", getting enough rainfall to plant a fall garden, etc. But the changes are due to manipulation of our weather by our government and the globalists, not by "global warming" from pollution etc. The global warming is manmade, but by manipulation, not by "greenhouse gases", etc. Do a google search on the subject, you will get a lot of information. ;-) :(

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":y680et0v said:
Caustic Burno":y680et0v said:
What makes you so sure the world is 6000 years old as the good book states a day is like 10,000 years and 10,000 years the same as a day. The only one that knows how old it is is him.

Look at the Jewish calendar for a start. ;-)

Ah but there is no mention of the Jews in the start, just the Lord talking about creating the Heavens and Earth, we assume a day is 24 hours it is never stated in the beginning.
And in the beginning he created Adam and Eve who begot Cain and Able. Cain slew Able and was bannished to the land of Nod where he took a wife. No mention of the Jews again.
I think we fool ourselves in to thinking we are important and knowing when in reality we are a speck of dust in time. lost and wandering.