US to buy meat..............

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz said:
It's just easier for these union folks to sit on the couch - no pride at all.
Since when has the CT forum become a place to bash others. As a union worker I have been working throughout this virus pandemic. Many of the necessary businesses that keep this country functioning do so because of union organized labor. Since I work in the agricultural field as a skilled tradesman and also farm myself, I feel that I am doing my part to help keep America fed. You may be surprised to learn that when a piece of your equipment breaks down or an animal needs treatment how many union hands that repair part or bottle of medication has gone through before you get it. I would be interested to know what percent of the unionized medical field is sitting on their asses at home and waiting for their check to show up in the mailbox. I just hope you don't need one before this pandemic gets under control.

I don't begrudge anyone taking unemployment. A large part of this problem was created by the government with the shutdowns (not that I disagree with them), so I would expect the government to try and help the people they put out of work.

Nesikep said:
ga.prime said:
Nesikep said:
Watch the videos I just posted, you'll find it's not the small businesses getting the money.. and that 135 billion is already all gone
Yeah, that's why I put "small" in quotation marks. Check out the definition of "small business".
Then the banks that are only giving the money to people who have outstanding debt to them...
It reeks..

To me, it actually sounds like a move designed to deliberately kill small businesses
  • Tell them they'll get about 4 weeks of payroll as a forgivable loan if they do the following
  • Tell them to not lay off or reduce wages or hours
  • Force them to give 2 weeks additional PAID sick leave for quarantining
  • Make sure they use up all their liquidity
  • Then tell them there's no money to bail them out

Meanwhile, any critically thinking business owner saw it coming there'd be no money for him, He shuttered the business early, laid people off, and might have some money left to start it up again

They should have known better than to believe the govt at this point.

I know of several small businesses that got the loans, including farms. Haven't heard of anyone having much trouble with it. Local banks were very cooperative and responsive, as they got a commission for every loan issued.

My firm got the PPP loan. We applied early as soon as possible, plus it does not hurt that we have a very good relationship with our bank. And I worked most of one Saturday getting all of our documents together.With all courts here shut down for the past month and a half, it ensures that we do not have to lay off any staff.

Brute 23 said:
Nesikep said:
ga.prime said:
Yeah, that's why I put "small" in quotation marks. Check out the definition of "small business".
Then the banks that are only giving the money to people who have outstanding debt to them...
It reeks..

To me, it actually sounds like a move designed to deliberately kill small businesses
  • Tell them they'll get about 4 weeks of payroll as a forgivable loan if they do the following
  • Tell them to not lay off or reduce wages or hours
  • Force them to give 2 weeks additional PAID sick leave for quarantining
  • Make sure they use up all their liquidity
  • Then tell them there's no money to bail them out

Meanwhile, any critically thinking business owner saw it coming there'd be no money for him, He shuttered the business early, laid people off, and might have some money left to start it up again
agreed.. I sure don't

They should have known better than to believe the govt at this point.

callmefence said:
Kung flu special.
1 roped out corriente steer.
2 wild piglets
6 laying hens.
Includes 100' x50' pasture fenced.
10 x 10 hog pen
Shop built chicken tractor.
3 12 guage slugs
1 Hamilton Beach 1/8 hp meat grinder.
Contact Fence
Financing available.

Do I have to come up with any down payment?? :hide:

callmefence said:
Kung flu special.
1 roped out corriente steer.
2 wild piglets
6 laying hens.
Includes 100' x50' pasture fenced.
10 x 10 hog pen
Shop built chicken tractor.
3 12 guage slugs
1 Hamilton Beach 1/8 hp meat grinder.
Contact Fence

Financing available.

I can supply certified organic pork live or dead.

sstterry said:
My firm got the PPP loan. We applied early as soon as possible, plus it does not hurt that we have a very good relationship with our bank. And I worked most of one Saturday getting all of our documents together.With all courts here shut down for the past month and a half, it ensures that we do not have to lay off any staff.

I wish the courts would open back up, I've got 2 evictions pending, one in Rutherford Co and one in Jamestown. The Jamestown house is a dog but the one in Rutherford is $$$!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I wish the courts would open back up, I've got 2 evictions pending, one in Rutherford Co and one in Jamestown. The Jamestown house is a dog but the one in Rutherford is $$$!

Scrooge, we are in the middle of a pandemic and you want to kick people out? And they say lawyers are evil......

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Scrooge, we are in the middle of a pandemic and you want to kick people out? And they say lawyers are evil......

Yup, these foreclosures took place before the Chinese virus scare took hold. They weren't paying then they wouldn't be paying now.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Yup, these foreclosures took place before the Chinese virus scare took hold. They weren't paying then they wouldn't be paying now.

Can they stay till they get over being scared?

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Can they stay till they get over being scared?

No pay no stay.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Then you need better lawyers. You had more than 2 months to get them out.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Then you need better lawyers. You had more than 2 months to get them out.

Look back to when Gov. Lee locked us down Steve. The Murfreesboro house was bought at auction about 2 weeks before. I have a story on that one I'd share with you privately that you might enjoy. The Jamestown property has hung around too long for sure but it's a horrible house.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Look back to when Gov. Lee locked us down Steve. The Murfreesboro house was bought at auction about 2 weeks before. I have a story on that one I'd share with you privately that you might enjoy. The Jamestown property has hung around too long for sure but it's a horrible house.

That is my mistake, when you said forclosure, I just assumed that the legal part was completed.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

That is my mistake, when you said forclosure, I just assumed that the legal part was completed.

No problem. As you know, it takes time to gain possession sometimes especially if the former owner puts up a fuss.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

No problem. As you know, it takes time to gain possession sometimes especially if the former owner puts up a fuss.
Did I ever tell you that I hate doing Real Estate work? I will do a simple deed but that is it. Just not my area of expertise.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Did I ever tell you that I hate doing Real Estate work? I will do a simple deed but that is it. Just not my area of expertise.

You did not share that before now. What areas of the law do you prefer?

Latest posts