Updated pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
It has been a busy summer for us at Fire Sweep! Yesterday I was able to take a breath, take some pictures, and enjoy our cattle... so to speak. I took a few pictures with my phone and wanted to share with you guys!

This first pic is a Feb Mo Better x Hummer/Lucky Dice cow. She has a little too much extra leather up front for me, but is a really great looking heifer.
b6dir8.jpg

This is a March heifer, out of our Steel Force bull I pictured here many times (sold last fall). Her dam is Fat Butt (Cut Above), and happens to be the dam that produced the steer that we processed this year that had a 16.5 inch rib eye and graded Choice- (sired by Dream On). She is my son's bred and owned heifer for next year, and she and her dam won Champion Cow/Calf pair in both the open show and junior show at our big district fair a few weeks ago.
1zfon0o.jpg

This is her grandma, who is the matriarch of our place. We have daughters, granddaughters, and great granddaughters out of her in our herd. She is a Built Right sired cow, and has been to more junior national shows than any other simmental! She was shown as a pair for many years, and has always placed in the top. Now she just stays home and raises a calf each year. This year my daughter did something crazy and bred her to Monopoly.... we have NEVER used clubby stuff but she wanted to try! She is due in October.
29eoi7n.jpg

Just for comparison, here she is in her show clothes, about 5 years ago. She won the junior show and was reserve in the open show at State Fair that year, and a few others.
339mszm.jpg

Just a bunch of baby butts. I took some grain out so I could get some pictures, and I about got jumped for the grain! :lol:
osa4n8.jpg

Speaking of cows, this is our oldest. She is 11, and bred for a January Wide Track calf. This cow takes to AI or an embryo each year, and she will stay until she no longer does. She is one of only two cows on our place that is NOT halter broke, but she is easy to work and get along with.
ifmvqg.jpg

This little girl is one of my favorites. She is sired by our Steel Force bull, and her dam is a Shear Force 7 year old cow. She is a May, and just as big as the March calves!
1zdvygz.jpg

The white faced calf is a March embryo bull sired by Macho out of a She's a Looker cow.
2uerwpg.jpg

Of course, having help is nice! This is Ziggy, my Corgi pup. She has some great cow sense already to her, and she is just 4 months old. She is watching the calves for me....
24fe9s5.jpg

Now, we just got back from a big fair, and are getting ready to head to state fair this week. This was our string, 9 head total.
15iaiiw.jpg

We did really well, having champion pair on both days (open and junior show), and our girls were all first or second in classes. There was around 80 simmental cattle there, so a pretty big show.

This is our son, Seth, with his cow (the pair we showed). Inyeti has tried to buy this cow from my son time and time again, but Seth refuses to sell her. We had a nice couple out a few weeks ago looking at bulls, and they saw this cow and wanted to buy her. Asked our son to price her, and kept bugging him that all cattle have a price. So Seth came back with a figure of $100 k. The gal told him she was not trying to buy a house! Well, he gave her a price :nod:
t9jyc6.jpg

And a final picture. Our two girls were lucky enough to attend the AJSA Leadership Conference, which is was in Montana this year. They were taught about beef advocacy, visited some big cattle ranches, went white water rafting, and took a tour of Yellow Stone while they were there. These girls are the girls that went from Missouri (Missouri had the most kids), and my two girls are on the far right (blonde and short one with glasses).
641mqx.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures, you sure have some nice cattle. We loved going to the shows with our kids a great way to spend time with the family, but a lot of hard work as well. I really love your dog! Great looking kids and cattle!

gizmom

gizmom":26xqzhzy said:
Thanks for sharing your pictures, you sure have some nice cattle. We loved going to the shows with our kids a great way to spend time with the family, but a lot of hard work as well. I really love your dog! Great looking kids and cattle!

gizmom

Thank you! We work hard, and I am not sure we will continue to do this when the kids are grown and gone because it is a lot of work! But we have made some great memories, and our kids have a great work ethic because of it.mwe just moved into state fair today, or last big show of the year.... Then some much needed down time for the family...
And the Corgi breed rocks! I live my corgi dogs, best breed ever in my opinion!

Latest posts