DSC_0693_3.jpg

London - 13 months old
DSC_0697_2.jpg

These 2 are 25 months old.

DSC_0690_2.jpg

DSC_0691_2.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Chapman

i know this they are nice.an they are very thick meaty an well muscled.they are carring plenty of weight.the young bulls look like they are ready tobe turned out.

Chapman Pic's hardly ever does an animal justice just so much you can't see but the first bull i ain't wild about he appear's short to me and his sheath look's sloppy but he look's thick.
Bull#2 look's better to me good topline streight underline sheath look's better i like him.
Bull#3 look's good long stout made bull just a good thick bull sheath a bit sloppy but overall to me he look's good.

Bull#4Top line is not as streight as the other's but he look's long to me cant see his feet but he has a purty head good thick well made bull.Ilike him also now this is just my thought's their are more on this board more qualified to judge these bull's then me.

rattler

Romagnolas - I'll turn the first one Lyle in with a couple of heifers in July. One heifer (16months) is ready now but the other one is the same age as the bull (13 mon) wanted to wait till she was at least 16 months. The 2 - 2 year olds are on 53 head of Black Angus and are holding up good. Should have some new little ones by late September.

Chapman

They look good, but my one comment is that they all look a little straight in their structure. What are your goals with them, of course if you're breeding for feedlot cattle, that would not be much of an issue. Not bad bulls.

The best black bull i have ever saw was half rom half angus. On some cross bred cows the rom bulls get some off colors, but on solid colored cattle the calves will be the color of the cow. Sure are meaty cattle. They get a litttle big for my taste.

i like everything except their sheath and excess leather.

Let us know about your calving problems, hope the Angus are large frame...Have a few Black angus and F-1 I like to use a Roma bull on just to afarid...

All of them are decent bulls, with nice feet, legs and muscle, and they are thick! Number four is however best of the lot, even if we can not observe his feet. Birthweights and WW?

Here are the birth weights and adjusted weaning (205 days) weights

#1 Lyle - bw 78 lbs - ww 691 lbs - dob 03/09/07
#2 London - bw 69 lbs - ww 701 lbs - dob 03/05/07
#3 Ranch bull Black eyes - 75 lbs - ww 662 lbs - dob 11/22/05
#4 Ranch bull - 81 lbs - ww 733 lbs - dob 11/25/05

I was also able to get my hands on 2 heifers (hard to come by around here)

Lucy - bw 62 lbs - ww 660 lbs - dob 12/20/06
Lilly - bw 55 lbs - ww 708 lbs - dob 3/9/07

Thanks for your comments. We are looking forward to our first Romangus calves this fall. I was able to witness some Romangus calves being weighed in. I looked through the ledger and only saw 1 calf that was 90+. The ledger had at least 70 calves posted. Now in the Romagnola ledger I saw 2 bulls that were 100+ but most were in the 70 - 90 lb range for the bulls.

Chapman

Chapman - great bulls! I love Rommys.

I particularly like the last bull. He's a stunner. I'd use him anyday.

I prefer Lyle out of the two younger bulls, but with both of the young bulls their legs are a touch straight for my liking.

Each animal is from a little differant bloodline. I selected a good mix from RLW and SCR there are some good sires Prinhall Tommy, Thomas, Previsto, Renovator, Terminator. I beleive it's a good starting stock to get started with.

Chapman

Latest posts