Update: On what happened Karins Dad

Help Support CattleToday:

Canadian_Cowgirl

Reaction score
I talked to Karin last night for a couple of hours. She said that her dad was feeding calves with the Tandem truck, and the lift thing on the back of the truck got stuck, so he went to try to get it unstuck, and got his hand caught in the PTO shaft, and it just pulled him. He wasnt found for about 4 hours, by her mom she was worried he didnt come in for supper. She found him, then ran back to the house and called the police and waited till they got there, they brought the RCMP, abulances and the search and rescue people.

Her moms taking it the hardest, she cant sleep at night and shes cold, and doesnt look like her cheeryself. They have alot of their family there,to comfort them.So that helps out a lot.

They are going to have the open casket veiwing for family on Tuesday, then the service will be wednsday. They planned to cremate him.

Shes hanging in there its really hard for her but she has to be strong for her mom.

She says thanks so much for your prayers.

Katy

That is so very, very sad. My heart breaks for Karin and her family. Please, Katy, when you talk to her send her my love, and when you see her give her a hug for me.

Alice

an also tell her that we are thinking of an praying for her an her family.that god will be with them through the rough days a head.

Katy, thanks for the update. Tell Karin that we are all thinking about her and the family.

yes katy please tell karin that she has friend form all over.. and we are thinking of her and her family... God Bless... rose

My heart just goes out to Karin and her family. I have not stopped thinking about her.
Thanks for the update.Also tell her we are all here for her.

Katy, thanks again

I thought that's what happened (from what Katy said), but when I talked to her I was still in a lot of shock. A couple days of rest and figgering things out, THIS is what REALLY happened:

Dad was about to unload a load of bales off the field to home, and found that the truck box wouldn't go up. So he jumped down from the truck to take a look underneath. He obviously found that everything was ok, and was going to go turn the truck off (he had stuck his head under the truck at the time) and had risen himself up from underneath, and his collar caught on the drive (PTO) shaft, and pulled him in so fast he didn't have time to holler or say sh!t. Mom found him 4 hours later, she immediately turned the tandem off, ran home, called 911 and called my aunt Veronica, parked the truck (pick-up) with the flashers on and waited for the RCMP to arrive...and of course the whole works arrived.

That's from what my bro found out himself when he went to cut the shreds of Dad's jacket off, and it makes total sense...it was as much of an accident as it could get. He didn't see it coming, and neither did we.

After a few days of trying to get through the worst of it, we seem to be doin better...at night, it's worse though. I miss him, and I don't think I will ever completely get over what happened. I keep listening and hoping that he will just walk in from outside or into a room and say "Here I am, everything's just fine." And when he doesn't come....boy, it hurts. But one thing I'm glad about is the number of kin around to give us a hug and a hand if we need anything.

So, we're just having a memorial service for him on Wednesday, and I'll bet you that there will be a LOT of people coming.

Thank you, everyone, for your support, I really appretiate it. Like I said, this is gonna take me a very long time to get over.

Karin, once again my heart goes out to you and your family. You will never completely get over it or stop missing your Dad, but you will smile and laugh again. It just takes time.

Karin my heart goes out to all of you and I can't even imagine how your mom is going to go on; thank goodness for you and your brother.

It was just a very sad accident and I sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent them.

I would like to know if there is a favorite charity in lieu of flowers that I can donate to in memory of your Father.

Hang in there Karin.

That's why the LORD gave us family and friends; so we could see HIS love for us through them.

Just know we are praying for you and your family.

My condolences Karin..You hang tight to your friends ,family and God ,together you will get through this.. in the meantime we will keeping you in our prayers.

Karin that is so sad, my heart is breaking for you, wish I could be there to hold your hand and comfort you in this hour of need, it is one of the hardest things to lose ones parents, you and your family are in my prayers....Take care :heart: Chris.

Thanks again everyone

It's been a week since this has happened, and thus far we've been getting better. Got a fair bit of red tape to do, and a few changes might come about on the farm, but so far we're getting a little better day by day.

Actually, I feel a lot better since we've had the veiwing and the memorial. One thing about the memorial was that there were over 300 people there to attend, plus a bunch more who couldn't attend; I was surprised, and yet very happy inside. Dad impacted a lot of people when he was alive, a lot more than I thought.

We have to move on with this, if we haven't already. Mom, she's doin' a lot better, my bro's been taken it a little harder than he should, but we're in the middle of doing our best to put this behind us, and it sounds like me and mom are gonna spend Christmas down at Cochrane.

Thanks again everyone.

Latest posts