Update on my bull

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
My bull has been back on feed ok for the last couple of days. The diarrhea is gone. He was still moving slow and as I watched him closely I noticed that he was putting his left front foot down very gently before putting his weight on it. He was just moving slow through the walking process. I took him to the vet this evening. He had an infection in his hoof from hoof rot near the heel. Probably from being in allot of mud while on test and lotted up. Vet cleaned it up, wrapped it up with a powdered antibiotic and gave him a dose of Nuflor. She thinks he will be good as new in a week. I am relieved. I am still watching him closely for a few days to make sure he recovers. The good thing is he really hasn't lost much weight. He was listed as 1,605 lbs at the sale and he weighed 1,545 lbs at the vet. Not bad for being off feed for a couple days and the transition to a new place.

cow pollinater":1hqkim4t said:
Glad you got him figured out, HOSS. :D Now get this one collected before your luck turns south again. :lol:
I'm going to at least wait to see what the first calf crop looks like :mrgreen:

tnwalkingred":222enuyu said:
Glad to hear his is doing better Hoss! What did she put on the foot rot to heal it up?

Kyle

It was Nuflor in powdered for. She cleaned and scraped the hoof heel area, put the powder on a bandage and then wrapped the hoof in it. He is walking much better all ready.

Latest posts