• IMG_20210505_115151926.jpg
    IMG_20210505_115151926.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210505_115319708.jpg
    IMG_20210505_115319708.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

jltrent

Reaction score
He looks to be in good shape. I have transplanted those to a corn crib before. Last year the wife went to grill on the outside grill and one was curled up inside. I got him out and sent it on its way. From my experience they are harmless, but stink and hard to wash the stink off your hands after handling.

Ky hills

Reaction score
I hate snakes with a passion and scared to death of them (stepped on one barefoot when I was 5 years old). But, a Black Snake is a good rodent eliminator.
Me too, and I don’t remember how old I was but I stepped on one too as small child. My parents both would give a black snake a pass, Once when I was also a small child, my dad was going to move some equipment and mama saw some baby black snakes that must have just hatched in front of a tractor tire, she picked them up and proceeded to toss them out of the way, problem was I was standing where she tossed them. I don’t discriminate I hate all snakes. Those black snakes will eat plenty of eggs and have even killed chickens but can’t eat a large bird after they kill it.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I saw two different people get bit by copperheads as a child. Left an impression. Fangs got stuck in an old lady’s panty hose, and she couldn’t shake it off.

sstterry

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw two different people get bit by copperheads as a child. Left an impression. Fangs got stuck in an old lady’s panty hose, and she couldn’t shake it off.
I have a crawler loader that I used to use, I had taken a break from whatever I was doing, and went back to get on it. Just as I got about face high with the seat, I saw a huge copper head curled up on that seat. Not much more loader work got done that day.

greybeard

Reaction score
Copperhead bit me on a toe around this time in 2010. It wasn't life threatening but I did spend a night in hospital and most of my leg up to top of my calf turned black before it was all done. They don't usually give anti-venom for copperhead bites unless the bite is on the neck or near the heart so I didn't have to go thru that. The bite itself I would describe what I would think getting hit with a nailgun would be like. Instant and painful.
That foot, has never quite gone back down to it's original size.

D2Cat

Reaction score
A few years back I was at the local family run lumber yard. A woman pulled of the street, jumped out of her car, waving her arms, dancing around screaming. Turns out she was driving her car and notice a snake come out form under the dash. She was having a genuine walleyed hissey fit!

OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Reaction score
This snakes was an AH tried to bite me twice. I tried to relocate but he was more interested in biting me and was near my chicken coop and I have some puppies where he was so decided to shoot him with a .22 not bird shot lmao

herofan

Reaction score
A few years back I was at the local family run lumber yard. A woman pulled of the street, jumped out of her car, waving her arms, dancing around screaming. Turns out she was driving her car and notice a snake come out form under the dash. She was having a genuine walleyed hissey fit!
Years ago when I was in college, I was walking the campus and approaching a car with three girls outside screaming and losing their minds. I just knew they had to have discovered a snake in their car. I didn’t really know what I was going to do when I got there. Turns out, it was a lone Cicada. So, I just acted cool and removed it with my hand. They looked at me like I had just wrestled a grizzly and won.

farmerjan

Reaction score
I don't mind them unless they are near the chickens... they will eat eggs and actually got several of my son's small Old English game bantams one time.... BIG snake. I will kill any copperhead or rattler, but don't bother the non-poisonous ones much unless they get caught decimating something I won't tolerate.

TCRanch

Reaction score
This snakes was an AH tried to bite me twice. I tried to relocate but he was more interested in biting me and was near my chicken coop and I have some puppies where he was so decided to shoot him with a .22 not bird shot lmao
He was just scared - you are bigger than a puppy or chicken;). Plus, they're non-venomous.

Latest posts