IMG_20210505_115347938.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210505_115151926.jpg
    IMG_20210505_115151926.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20210505_115319708.jpg
    IMG_20210505_115319708.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
He looks to be in good shape. I have transplanted those to a corn crib before. Last year the wife went to grill on the outside grill and one was curled up inside. I got him out and sent it on its way. From my experience they are harmless, but stink and hard to wash the stink off your hands after handling.

I hate snakes with a passion and scared to death of them (stepped on one barefoot when I was 5 years old). But, a Black Snake is a good rodent eliminator.
Me too, and I don't remember how old I was but I stepped on one too as small child. My parents both would give a black snake a pass, Once when I was also a small child, my dad was going to move some equipment and mama saw some baby black snakes that must have just hatched in front of a tractor tire, she picked them up and proceeded to toss them out of the way, problem was I was standing where she tossed them. I don't discriminate I hate all snakes. Those black snakes will eat plenty of eggs and have even killed chickens but can't eat a large bird after they kill it.

I saw two different people get bit by copperheads as a child. Left an impression. Fangs got stuck in an old lady's panty hose, and she couldn't shake it off.

I saw two different people get bit by copperheads as a child. Left an impression. Fangs got stuck in an old lady's panty hose, and she couldn't shake it off.
I have a crawler loader that I used to use, I had taken a break from whatever I was doing, and went back to get on it. Just as I got about face high with the seat, I saw a huge copper head curled up on that seat. Not much more loader work got done that day.

Copperhead bit me on a toe around this time in 2010. It wasn't life threatening but I did spend a night in hospital and most of my leg up to top of my calf turned black before it was all done. They don't usually give anti-venom for copperhead bites unless the bite is on the neck or near the heart so I didn't have to go thru that. The bite itself I would describe what I would think getting hit with a nailgun would be like. Instant and painful.
That foot, has never quite gone back down to it's original size.

A few years back I was at the local family run lumber yard. A woman pulled of the street, jumped out of her car, waving her arms, dancing around screaming. Turns out she was driving her car and notice a snake come out form under the dash. She was having a genuine walleyed hissey fit!

This snakes was an AH tried to bite me twice. I tried to relocate but he was more interested in biting me and was near my chicken coop and I have some puppies where he was so decided to shoot him with a .22 not bird shot lmao

A few years back I was at the local family run lumber yard. A woman pulled of the street, jumped out of her car, waving her arms, dancing around screaming. Turns out she was driving her car and notice a snake come out form under the dash. She was having a genuine walleyed hissey fit!
Years ago when I was in college, I was walking the campus and approaching a car with three girls outside screaming and losing their minds. I just knew they had to have discovered a snake in their car. I didn't really know what I was going to do when I got there. Turns out, it was a lone Cicada. So, I just acted cool and removed it with my hand. They looked at me like I had just wrestled a grizzly and won.

I don't mind them unless they are near the chickens... they will eat eggs and actually got several of my son's small Old English game bantams one time.... BIG snake. I will kill any copperhead or rattler, but don't bother the non-poisonous ones much unless they get caught decimating something I won't tolerate.

This snakes was an AH tried to bite me twice. I tried to relocate but he was more interested in biting me and was near my chicken coop and I have some puppies where he was so decided to shoot him with a .22 not bird shot lmao
He was just scared - you are bigger than a puppy or chicken;). Plus, they're non-venomous.

Latest posts