Unpolished Turds (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan":nscdjhe5 said:
Good looking Charolais bulls Texan. Are they your oldest bulls?
Thanks, Cope. The bottom bull is my youngest bull. He just turned three. The top bull will be four in October and I've got some that are just a few months older than him.

Thank you all for your comments. The power of heterosis that we have available to us through crossbreeding is just like having a ranch with a deep gas well. It can make any of us look smart. Thanks again.

Texan":3b1di79m said:
msscamp":3b1di79m said:
I see you use ear marks, too. Do you use them to designate bloodlines? I noticed several of the calves have the same ear mark. Thanks!
We use them to designate calves that have been worked. They get a viral in the left side of the neck, a clostridial in the right side and then a notch in the left ear. Always in that order because the guy that does it is getting pretty forgetful and sometimes looking at the earnotch is the only way he can remember for sure that they've been vaccinated. Then dehorning, castrating, followed by branding.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hear you on the forgetful part, thank the Lord for routine! Of course, some days even that isn't reliable. :roll: :roll:

Latest posts