Unlikely source of support for war on terror

Help Support CattleToday:

The world should realize these Islamic Fundementalists are the greatest danger that free men and women have ever faced.

Apeasement and complacency beget more car bombings, commercial airplanes blown from the sky, beheadings, and terror. These are the calling cards of these radical groups that are well organized,well armed and well financed.

I fear the battle has just bgun.

bob g":2tzisuh9 said:
The world should realize these Islamic Fundementalists are the greatest danger that free men and women have ever faced.

I beg to differ - the greatest danger is ignorance.

msscamp":2xbsopg2 said:
bob g":2xbsopg2 said:

Ignorance about what? Please explain.

msscamp":1lgihao3 said:
bob g":1lgihao3 said:

I fear the opposite...Education but the wrong sort. and very little of it. Teaching them that it is right to kill and kill yourself for your Gods.

remember your history-don't erase it as many in the Southern states would have us do...to combat terrorests,Isuggest we send them lots of KFCs and McDonalds,also Wal-Mart:)

KenB":2uc16bh2 said:
msscamp":2uc16bh2 said:
bob g":2uc16bh2 said:

From The American Heritage Dictionary:

Ignorant (of which ignorance is a derivative): adj, 1) Lacking education or knowledge. 2) Demonstratinig a lack of education or knowledge. 3) Unaware or uninformed. Originates from the Latin word 'ignordre' (pronounced with a long 'o', and has a '-' over the letter 'd'), "not know".

msscamp":2fxudipd said:
KenB":2fxudipd said:
msscamp":2fxudipd said:
bob g":2fxudipd said:

Ignorant (of which ignorance is a derivative): adj, 1) Lacking education or knowledge. 2) Demonstratinig a lack of education or knowledge. 3) Unaware or uninformed. Originates from the Latin word 'ignordre' (pronounced with a long 'o', and has a '-' over the letter 'd'), "not know".

Okay, now we know the definition of ignorant.
What about the about what?

KenB":34kyiiea said:
msscamp":34kyiiea said:

Are you dense or simply reluctant to draw conclusions unless things are explained? :lol: :lol: A variety of things that matter - for instance, ignorance (and greed) is what caused the destruction of the rain forests. Ignorance (and fanaticism) is what led to the birth of the 9-11 plan of attack. Ignorance (and arrogance) is what allowed the attacks on 9-11 to occur. Ignorance (and a refusal to read directions) led to herbicides being controlled substances. Ignorance about the eco-system has led to entire species becoming extinct or endangered, allowing other species to run rampant because of it. Ignorance leads to thousands of teen-age girls getting pregnant every year, ignorance led to thousands of Africans being kidnapped and sold into slavery and still feeds prejudice today. It also allowed African-Americans to be experimented on with regard to the effects of Syphillus (sp?) in, I believe it was Tuskeegee, Al. Ignorance led to Hitler wiping out 6 million Jews, Gypsies, Gays, and anyone else that didn't fit his "Master Race" profile. The list goes on and on and on.

msscamp":1f7frf20 said:
KenB":1f7frf20 said:
msscamp":1f7frf20 said:

Are you dense or simply reluctant to draw conclusions unless things are explained? :lol: :lol: A variety of things that matter - for instance, ignorance (and greed) is what caused the destruction of the rain forests. Ignorance (and fanaticism) is what led to the birth of the 9-11 plan of attack. Ignorance (and arrogance) is what allowed the attacks on 9-11 to occur. Ignorance (and a refusal to read directions) led to herbicides being controlled substances. Ignorance about the eco-system has led to entire species becoming extinct or endangered, allowing other species to run rampant because of it. Ignorance leads to thousands of teen-age girls getting pregnant every year, ignorance led to thousands of Africans being kidnapped and sold into slavery and still feeds prejudice today. It also allowed African-Americans to be experimented on with regard to the effects of Syphillus (sp?) in, I believe it was Tuskeegee, Al. Ignorance led to Hitler wiping out 6 million Jews, Gypsies, Gays, and anyone else that didn't fit his "Master Race" profile. The list goes on and on and on.

I do not see ignorance having much to do with most any of the examples you listed. To imply ignorance leads to teenage girls getting pregnant or slavery just do not see it. Maybe indifference but I doubt girls get pregnant because they are to ignorant to realize babies are a result of sex?

I doubt 9-11 happened due to ignorance, maybe stupidity or political agenda. We have been very knowledgeable for many years that Bin Laden was after us. Bill Clinton was not ignorant when he did not go after Al Qaeda and Bin Laden, he had political indifferences he did not want to step outside party lines and get tough, it was easier to bury his head in the sand and let George Bush handle the problem. Ignorance had nothing to do with it.

Ignorance Mss Camp, I think not. Arrogance certainly but not ignorance. The majority of left leaning individuals are convinced that Government must step in to save us all because we are not capable to handle this reseponsibility.

This is the basis for the arrogance that I refer to and once the Government becomes involved then political correctness kicks in and the situation becomes a mess.

Have mistakes been made in the past? Yes they have but the pendulum has swung to far the other way that our country will be doomed if we follow the liberal path of social correctness.

My suggestion to you based on your feelings at this time is to make sure that you become use to wearing a Burkha and decide whether blue or white is your favorite color.

msscamp":2undawpp said:
KenB":2undawpp said:
msscamp":2undawpp said:

msscamp,
You seem to forget what led to this.

bob g wrote:

You replied " I beg to differ it is ignorance "

I guess in your opinion your above history lesson is the greatest danger that free men and women have ever faced.

I also resent your comment...Quote (Are you dense or simply reluctant to draw conclusions unless things are explained? )
I am not to dense to draw my own conclusions about things.
You made a vague statement that you begged to differ about a comment that someone else posted. I feel if someone challenges what a person says they should be prepared to say why.

Have a good day

KenB":2i12j05o said:
msscamp":2i12j05o said:

msscamp,
You seem to forget what led to this.

No, I didn't.

bob g wrote:

You replied " I beg to differ it is ignorance "

I guess in your opinion your above history lesson is the greatest danger that free men and women have ever faced.

Ok, let me see if I can break this down into simpler terms. While the Islamic Fundamentalists are certainly a very grave threat, they cannot compare with the threat presented by ignorance. Ignorance can and will destroy us if we allow it to, because it is based on falsehoods, myth, fallacies, and untruths. Does that explain my position a little better?

I also resent your comment...Quote (Are you dense or simply reluctant to draw conclusions unless things are explained? )
I am not to dense to draw my own conclusions about things.

You have every right to resent my comment - it was in very poor taste and I sincerely apologize. :oops: FWIW, I did not intend to insult you.

You made a vague statement that you begged to differ about a comment that someone else posted. I feel if someone challenges what a person says they should be prepared to say why.

"Vague" is purely a relative term - what appears to be vague to one person is clear as day to another. Why are you so sure I intended to "challenge" the poster? I simply disagreed and stated why. It seemed pretty self-explanatory to me.

Have a good day

You, too.

Latest posts