Unknow sire

Help Support CattleToday:

I have had rams with a breeding crayon marking harness on and ewes on the other side of the fence, and guess what? Those ewes on the other side of the fence had to have been bred through the fence as there was no mark on them, and they ended up pregnant!!
I have had other people tell me their animals also got bred through a fence, so it is a possibility.
One time at round up time, we were sorting some range cattle, and a neighbors cow repeatedly jumped a 6-7 foot log fence. Most cattle won't even challenge a 5 foot fence, but some can do it if they have the proper motivation.
Maybe that is part of the answer to some mystery breedings..
Nite Hawk

I had a cow that was bred through the fence about a year and a half ago, happens all the time if you aren't careful.

RD-Sam":1dvyqpxg said:
I had a cow that was bred through the fence about a year and a half ago, happens all the time if you aren't careful.
Not possible, she was in a PIPE pen! Besides that, we have no neighbors that have cattle next to ours. Closest are several miles away.
Valerie
PS> Second DNA from new blood sample says sire unknown.

Traveling salesman sold his goods.
I'd bet there was a bull on the move and he stopped by to say hi

we had a solid red heifer heifer born in october out of a black LH/BLACK MAX cross. our bull had been sold in december and we just got a new one in august. no way he couldve been her dad! and where they were the neighbors had a herd of black angus in the next pasture and a few of the calves were red. that bull bull had been with the same herd for two years and sired the red calves out of black cows. turns out his mother was red so he threw reds.

hooknline":3b89npf8 said:
Traveling salesman sold his goods.
I'd bet there was a bull on the move and he stopped by to say hi
LOL, if he did... he had to climb over a PIPE fence and BACK over the same PIPE fence to get
away without being scene!! Alien intervention? LOL
Valerie