Ultra Boss

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
I had bought a pour called Brute to use on my cows I have been having pinkeye trouble with because that was all SS had. I had went by my vets office and they had Ultra Boss so I bought it. I poured the cows and calves Thursday night and today when I went and checked them the flys are gone. This stuff really works good. Hope it last for a few weeks so I can get all the pinkeye cleared up.

One question even though I poured them can I still keep the back rub up also ? On the bottle of the Ultra Boss it said not to use no sooner than 2 weeks.

pricefarm said:
I had bought a pour called Brute to use on my cows I have been having pinkeye trouble with because that was all SS had. I had went by my vets office and they had Ultra Boss so I bought it. I poured the cows and calves Thursday night and today when I went and checked them the flys are gone. This stuff really works good. Hope it last for a few weeks so I can get all the pinkeye cleared up.

One question even though I poured them can I still keep the back rub up also ? On the bottle of the Ultra Boss it said not to use no sooner than 2 weeks.

Did you mix it with anything? Diesel or mineral oil? Did you use a 5 gallon sprayer?

Price,

I think Brute can be used on a rub. Look at the directions.

Also, diesel will burn the cattle. Kerosene won't burn them. That's what we use on rubs.

my :2cents:
Farmgirl

************* said:
pricefarm said:

Did you mix it with anything? Diesel or mineral oil? Did you use a 5 gallon sprayer?

No i didn't mix it with anything I poured it onto them base on weight. I ran them all down the chute and poured them.

Ultra Boss is very effective. We have been using it for the past couple of years. We normally get about 3 weeks out of it before we have to do it again. It's not cheap is the biggest issue with it, but it works well!

I buy the ingredients and mix it. Use corn oil to mix it with. Makes it a lot cheaper. Mix permethrin concentrate, PB08 and corn oil.

pricefarm said:

UltraBoss works great. Face flies, horn flies, etc. But later in the summer, you will observe that it does not stop horseflies.

Bright Raven said:
pricefarm said:

UltraBoss works great. Face flies, horn flies, etc. But later in the summer, you will observe that it does not stop horseflies.

Does anything? I can't keep those big horse flies off the cattle anytime.

True Grit Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
pricefarm said:

Nope. Nothing discourages them.

Bright Raven said:
True Grit Farms said:
Bright Raven said:

I treat my cows pretty dang good. The only thing I've ever felt guilty about is not being able to help them with the horseflies. Those &"@/#*& pack a pretty tough punch.

JMJ Farms said:
Bright Raven said:
True Grit Farms said:

I treat my cows pretty dang good. The only thing I've ever felt guilty about is not being able to help them with the horseflies. Those &"@/#*& pack a pretty tough punch.

Yes they do. And I have seen them so bad that their backs are bloody.

I need some Ultra Boss on ME. Just came in from spraying weed killer on fence lines. Deer flies ate me up. Busy with a spray wand in one hand and thumb on throttle in other hand. Now I have some huge welts.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
I need some Ultra Boss on ME. Just came in from spraying weed killer on fence lines. Deer flies ate me up. Busy with a spray wand in one hand and thumb on throttle in other hand. Now I have some huge welts.

Have had the wand in my hand a lot the last 2-3 weeks. Been spraying Thistles. They love the areas you can only access with the Ranger and some with a back pack and walking. Chiggers are bad with all the rain.
Had a call this morning had a bull out. Knew the neighbors bull was back in. He has decided to sell him as he likes our pasture better than his.Guess they got to fighting and one ran the other through the fence. Put mine in and caked our cows and the visitor wasn't there. Got the fence up but needed sone more supplies so came home to get them. When I got back the visitor was back. Fixed fence again and got him penned. He is now at the sale barn. Doesn't work to plan your day around here. The humidity is terrible with all the rain.

thistles are usually my first & most priority, but we have Hogswart growing on the sides of the road & spreading into my hayfield, so I have been focusing on them. Just finished another load, so have sprayed about 120 gallons so far. Now, THISTLES. I LOVE killing them!!! because I hate them so much.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
thistles are usually my first & most priority, but we have Hogswart growing on the sides of the road & spreading into my hayfield, so I have been focusing on them. Just finished another load, so have sprayed about 120 gallons so far. Now, THISTLES. I LOVE killing them!!! because I hate them so much.

I have sprayed around 150 gallons through my 25 gallon spot sprayer and 16 gallons through my 4 gallon back pack sprayer. So far have had a good kill but with the rain they are still germinating where I haven't sprayed.

I did some fence line spraying this spring with my Ranger and a 65 gallon boomless sprayer. I used Grazon, but at $300 Cdn per jug it's pretty pricey. Maybe not as pricey as not doing it though.

Silver said:
I did some fence line spraying this spring with my Ranger and a 65 gallon boomless sprayer. I used Grazon, but at $300 Cdn per jug it's pretty pricey. Maybe not as pricey as not doing it though.
I'm spraying a 2-4D product mixed with Crop Oil & Crossbow. The Crossbow really knocks the "woody" plants - or big thistles that got ahead of me. I like it when I go back next day and they are really, really hurting!! :banana:

I'm using Cornerstone and either Grazon P+D or Brash. Depending on location and type we use Cimarron Plus or another pre emergent. We are gradually reducing them. The Scottish Thistles are harder to control unless you kill the root and also apply something to prevent continued germination

Latest posts