ugly calf

Help Support CattleToday:

heath

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while, and I had a really ugly calf born yesterday.I figured I would post a picture of it, and then saw the ugly cow thread. the mama is about 2 or so don't really know bought her cheap as an open heifer last spring..She has a good bag, so the calf should grow fine. It sure is ugly now though.

I think it's the crazy eyes along with the racehorse build that the calves are born with. She'll gain a lot in the next week and should make the eyes fit her body. But for now she's definitely "unique". :)
I got the heifer for only $500 in late spring/early summer. So it's not gonna take much of a calf to pay for her.

we got 3.20". Just across the river they got 4.32".

I like that little pair. Mom looks like the kind that has mastered fight or flight.

Brangus cowgirl, those were rain amounts in response to ousooner.

Bigfoot, she's calmed down a lot since I got her. I can get within 10 ft without her barely lifting her head. When I went to look at her to buy her she was with another heifer that was better put together. But the other one was a complete nut. I should have took my chances since
the guy was only asking 900 for the pair.

branguscowgirl":13fpwzlb said:
Wow, that is the highest I have heard of! Was this on 5 wts??

:lol: I wish we had those prices!
That was a bunch of rain we only had a little over an inch around Inola.

ousoonerfan22":j956d8uy said:
branguscowgirl":j956d8uy said:
Wow, that is the highest I have heard of! Was this on 5 wts??

:lol: I wish we had those prices!
That was a bunch of rain we only had a little over an inch around Inola.
Guess I should put my glasses on so I could see the "! :lol: :lol:

LET IT POUR!

It's actually raining here now.. FINALLY... lets see if we get enough to dampen the ground more than an inch down.

That calf is like a brahman bred to a goat! At least she can only get better from here! :p

"Unique" looking to say the least... Crazy Eyes for sure!!
20140527_171731.jpg

she looks fine. I have had several with long legs and crazy eyes all turned out good. That was a good price I think I would have taken both of them for that price lots of heifers are crazy till they have a calf.

this cal was born the same day, just wanted to show you all I'm not raising a bunch of freaks. :) the momma is a little protective, and right after this shot she came at me, but that's her job.