ugly calf

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man":2o133g7a said:
"Unique" looking to say the least... Crazy Eyes for sure!!
20140527_171731.jpg

Awe, those eyes aren't "crazy". She's just trying to focus....... :lol: She will turn out beautiful as long as her father was not really a "goat." :hide:
Maybe it was a deer?

Deepsouth":1erp0e76 said:
At least she's alive and that's worth a lot more than a dead calf no matter how she looks.

:lol2: :clap:
Deepsouth I said almost the exact same thing last year when the neighbor's open Black Angus cows busted into the pasture with the Brahman bull we had. He was trying to feed me a line about how he would have to kill the calves at birth if they were F1's, and these were bred cows that came back open...

He was trying to feed me a line about how he would have to kill the calves at birth if they were F1's, and these were bred cows that came back open...
Do you live next door to Sir Loin/Liz?? That makes no sense! :bang:

branguscowgirl":2bvl03wi said:
He was trying to feed me a line about how he would have to kill the calves at birth if they were F1's, and these were bred cows that came back open...
Do you live next door to Sir Loin/Liz?? That makes no sense! :bang:

Maybe, I live down the street from Cypress Farms and have no idea who he is either. :?:

Yes, this was one of those moments where you tell all of the other cattlemen you ain't gonna believe the bool sheeyit so and so tried to lay on me. When I meet new people I usually try to pull the okey doke on em just for fun. My lawyer friends call it kicking the shins. No telling what you can learn when a man believes you are barely smart enough to breathe and keep your heart beating at the same time.

The guy ain't from here so he thinks we are borderline retarded.

JWBrahman":3hcnijdh said:
Deepsouth":3hcnijdh said:
At least she's alive and that's worth a lot more than a dead calf no matter how she looks.

:lol2: :clap:
Deepsouth I said almost the exact same thing last year when the neighbor's open Black Angus cows busted into the pasture with the Brahman bull we had. He was trying to feed me a line about how he would have to kill the calves at birth if they were F1's, and these were bred cows that came back open...

I would have told him don't kill them I will take full responsibility for every F1 calf get me some nurse cows and raise some solid F1 calves and laugh all the way to the bank

The day you posted this thread, i had a calf that was born with bug eyes. About 10 years ago, we had one like that we called Buggy. At weaning, he was still a little buggy, enough so that we could pick him out of the herd. He was a simbra and his mother a simbra #747....i remember it because it was like the plane 747.. Anywho, didnt effect his growth, he was one of the biggest weaned. This years wont be the biggest, but only because he's the youngest of the group..

The eyes are even less bugged now. It was just how thin the calf was when it was born. It's packing the weight on now.
I'll probably keep posting pics as it grows. Yall feel free to ignore them if you want, it's just an easy format to compare pics as opposed to scrolling up and down on the phone and not seeing the pics simultaneously.

Latest posts