Help Support CattleToday:

Wow! Her pigtails are blowing in the wind :lol2:

dun":1n662f58 said:
kenny thomas":1n662f58 said:
100_0606.jpg

Cowdirt":1wznkfhb said:
dun":1wznkfhb said:
kenny thomas":1wznkfhb said:

Kenny, Rustler 9 over in Giles Co., Tn is going to want some of that cow's offspring I'm most sure. Give him a call at Br-549 in case he missed the photo.

Can you believe the "genetic jump" you could make if she was bred to Demetrius?

Can you believe the "genetic jump" you could make if she was bred to Demetrius?[/quote]

Or bred to one of Jogeephus's Registered Imbalancers?

farmwriter":3e4vtfpf said:
I had 3 candidates. After looking at the photos, my nominee was clear.
ugly_betty_front.jpg

and another view of her...
ugly_betty_profile.jpg

Does this exercise in humility hurt the rest of ya'll like it hurts me?

That cows sire must have been a wildebeast.

Dam was close enough to one and mean as a rattlesnake.
This cow though is the biggest pet, main reason she's still around. Even when they're all fat and laying in the shade, if I holler, she comes.

Cowdirt, I don't think I need any more cows right now, but he did say she was raising a good cross bred calf. I have some homely cows that are doing the same thing, they're easy to keep and always raise a fat calf. Isn't that what's it's all about?

Whoa!!! Its a toss-up for me. Not sure which is the ugliest, Kenny's cow or cmf1's cow. I will say though, those are all some butt-ugly cows!!

TexasBred, if you threw a pile of what look like white speckles all over that cow of yours she would look like the ugliest cow I ever owned. I called her 'spotty-cow' for obvious reasons. She was sold last year when she came up open at the ripe old age of 15. Always raised a dandy calf though.

My "ugly Betty" definitely won't beat Kenny's or cmf1's cow, although she is an ugly thing.

Katherine

I forgot to add I bought the ugly longhorn 7 years ago because the owner was culling her for being old. She has calved every 11 months since. I would think she is at least 18. Still has a good calf. Sure hates dogs and yotes so I will keep her until she misses.

I defintely think that KT's beautiful cow deserves sole claim to the "ugly betty" crown! Anyone want to second the motion and make it official? 18 years old, never missed a calf and beeuuutiful. Can't beat that.

I second the nomination for KT's cow. I was gonna post one but after seeing his,....I bow to the master!!!

HOSS":kbzhoyya said:
Can you believe the "genetic jump" you could make if she was bred to Demetrius?

Or bred to one of Jogeephus's Registered Imbalancers?[/quote]

The seminar peddlers that have been so prevalent in recent times would call it a new "paradigm", or maybe a quantum leap in bovine breeding. :)

I have a heifer calf out of a heifer that I kept and calved this year, the cold winter and the summer drought knocked the crap out of her and she looks like h#ll. Strangely her steer looks great so I guess that is where she is putting all of her energy. She is on my gone list as I need them to be able to keep condition and still put those pounds on baby.

I will try and get a pic, but I don't think she has a chance to over take Kenny's beauty.. :)

Latest posts