U of Texas coach

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
No one here has posted about the new Texas coach, while Charlie Stong to Texas is all I read up here.
I guess UT ain't all that impressed. Charlie inherited a team at the 'Ville which wasn't going to beat anyone. He made something out of that. He'll have a lot less room for error at TU. Beat Oklahoma, is that how we define success?

I think it is a good hire. Probably the best one they would get to come to that mess. If he can deal with the administration, I bet he has some real success.

Hater..;). Anyway...we not only got the most talented black football coach in tge world we got the best Scientist in the world award today! Dr. Goodenough! Keep Austin Weird.

john250":56pfnqry said:
No one here has posted about the new Texas coach, while Charlie Stong to Texas is all I read up here.
I guess UT ain't all that impressed. Charlie inherited a team at the 'Ville which wasn't going to beat anyone. He made something out of that. He'll have a lot less room for error at TU. Beat Oklahoma, is that how we define success?
No. We simply define failure as losing to them. Success requires much more than that.

Kingfisher":397s75fa said:
Hater..;). Anyway...we not only got the most talented black football coach in tge world we got the best Scientist in the world award today! Dr. Goodenough! Keep Austin Weird.
Keeping Austin weird is an effortless task. Becoming the best black football coach i the world may be more of a chore. Does he speak "Jive"?? :mrgreen:

TexasBred":31gi3s22 said:
Red McCombs has now got his panties all in a wad because he was consulted about the hiring of the new coach.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... trong-hire

That's UT politics and why most people are questioning the choice. It's not his football ability it's his ability to play "the game". Mac was a great coach and promoter of UT football. When Red brings his check book and wants to play golf with the head coach... you play golf. ;-)

"Great" coaches are in high demand and stay employed. Let's see who grabs Mack Brown up from "retirement".
Shouldn't take long, since he's great.

Brute 23":3mff2yt7 said:
TexasBred":3mff2yt7 said:
Red McCombs has now got his panties all in a wad because he was consulted about the hiring of the new coach.

That's UT politics and why most people are questioning the choice. It's not his football ability it's his ability to play "the game". Mac was a great coach and promoter of UT football. When Red brings his check book and wants to play golf with the head coach... you play golf. ;-)

Just shows you that all that money Red "donates" to TU comes with strings attached. Name a college after him, put a statue of him on campus etc. etc......I'd just have to tell Red to go play by himself. I got coaching to do and then turn in my resignation.

TexasBred":2u2l1i1j said:
Brute 23":2u2l1i1j said:
TexasBred":2u2l1i1j said:

Just shows you that all that money Red "donates" to TU comes with strings attached. Name a college after him, put a statue of him on campus etc. etc......I'd just have to tell Red to go play by himself. I got coaching to do and then turn in my resignation.

Im not saying its right or wrong. Its just the way it has been.

Well, like I said, I get my TV out of Louisville, KY. They are having a heart attack. Charlie Strong seems like a "stand up" kinda guy. We won't know if he ran a clean program for a couple months, but it appears he ran a clean program. With the resources at UT I think he'll do well. Might even win over Oklahoma.

john250":5rmedwig said:
Well, like I said, I get my TV out of Louisville, KY. They are having a heart attack. Charlie Strong seems like a "stand up" kinda guy. We won't know if he ran a clean program for a couple months, but it appears he ran a clean program. With the resources at UT I think he'll do well. Might even win over Oklahoma.
Lets not get too far out there just yet. OU has a national championship in their near future.

Kingfisher":1rq4s12m said:
Hater..;). Anyway...we not only got the most talented black football coach in tge world we got the best Scientist in the world award today! Dr. Goodenough!

I knew all along they'd get a black coach. Gotta keep up with the Aggies. :lol2: :lol2: :mrgreen:

Latest posts