Twins

Help Support CattleToday:

Diehard40

Reaction score
Had a heifer hae twins yesterday. She seems to want to take both, one (of course was weaker than the other) so we put some colostrum in it. She has made it so far, not sure if it has nursed or not. Anyway the calf has very weak pasterns on the front and has trouble standing. Anything to do for the front legs?

Diehard40":3k6j0o2m said:
Had a heifer hae twins yesterday. She seems to want to take both, one (of course was weaker than the other) so we put some colostrum in it. She has made it so far, not sure if it has nursed or not. Anyway the calf has very weak pasterns on the front and has trouble standing. Anything to do for the front legs?
Give them time. 99.9% of the time they;ll straighten out in a couple of days. What genders are the calves?

dun,
both heifers, i guess that is the good news, if there is good news to twins.
time thing is what i was hopeing as well, they seem flexible so i hope they will straighten out.
think we will give it a couple of bottles to see if that will help boost her a little.

Two of my favorite cows were once twin heifers. They are 7 now and neither of them have ever given birth to twins - thankfully.

backhoeboogie":qspwlsbd said:
Two of my favorite cows were once twin heifers. They are 7 now and neither of them have ever given birth to twins - thankfully.

I once had a hereford cow that had 2 sets of twins. I retained two of her single calf heifers and they both had one set a peice, never a problem with any of them. I did not retain any of the twins though. I didn't/don't mind the twins from that bunch cause they caused me no problems at all. The only twins i've ever had came from her or her heifers.

Latest posts