Truck Fire

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a recall for some years because of problems with the cruise control (doesn;t have to be on/set) causing fires.

dun

dun":20byjlx7 said:
There is a recall for some years because of problems with the cruise control (doesn;t have to be on/set) causing fires.

dun

You'd think the company would be responsible for informing owners of the recall. I have a 97 and have never heard a word about it. Some friends of mine have took in their 150's, but I don't know if it affects the 350's. Guess I should call and find out....

cfpinz":37opm9ri said:
dun":37opm9ri said:

dun

You'd think the company would be responsible for informing owners of the recall. I have a 97 and have never heard a word about it. Some friends of mine have took in their 150's, but I don't know if it affects the 350's. Guess I should call and find out....

Try looking here:
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/ ... efault.htm

dun

Running Arrow Bill":iy7jmpvc said:
Just some "wild a$$ guesses"!

Short in wiring---->spark + fuel leak = fire?

Fuel leak onto hot muffler?

Vandalism?

Sabotage?

Sorry to hear of your loss!!
Could be a sign you need to buy a Dodge.

Crowderfarms":1jcprlmp said:
Running Arrow Bill":1jcprlmp said:

Vandalism?

Sabotage?

Git a life Crowder. A fire is the only way a 7.3 can be killed and you know it. :lol:

Crowderfarms":i6o6wins said:
Running Arrow Bill":i6o6wins said:

Vandalism?

Sabotage?

Yeah, there's no way a Dodge will last 9 years!

dun":2v7loiyu said:
cfpinz":2v7loiyu said:
dun":2v7loiyu said:

dun

Try looking here:
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/ ... efault.htm

dun

Thanks dun.

We use a Ford F 450 for everthing around here, considered a dodge but, they didn't make a model as heavy as the 450? I mean somtimes we gross at 36k, how do you guys do it?

Fire or not it would definitly be another Ford. If you see me in a Dodge. 2 things would had havehad to happen Alzheimers has set inor I had a stroke. Hey Ford forever for me. I hope you turn out alright on your insurance for the truck. Any possible thoughts on how it happened.?

No, I may never know. There was no warning. I bagan to smell smoke, pulled over and raised the hood.....WHOOOOSH It was engulfed. HOT HOT HOT I was very fortunate to be able to unload my tractor. (Ford 4000) with which I dragged the truck home yesterday.

Im a Ford man too, just hold the diesel please. I plan to use my old F250 with 300 six once again. Im looking forward to it!

Glen&LindaWells

G&L Cattle":1z5witqu said:
I plan to use my old F250 with 300 six once again. Im looking forward to it!

Glen&LindaWells

Best engine Ford ever made, chevy or dodge too.

dun

dun":2gdueay8 said:

dun

Cruise control fire burned our school truck to the ground about a year and a half ago.

Last week, I read in the paper that Ford was recalling certain models due to potential engine fires. I can't recall the exact models, but it covered most. Might be worth checking into.

More likely than not it WAS the cruise control disconnect switch.

Our 98 Expedition burned to the ground about 2 AM. At the time, it was not under recall, but with some checking around on the internet, parts stores and two Ford service mechanics, we found out our vehicle had the exact same part and part number as those under recall.

Ford's bean counters have it figured to how much they can save hiring lawyers vs. doing a recall.

After your insurance company gets done "adjusating" their liability, youll be SOL for the rest.

Sorry for your loss, I feel your pain.

Best Regards....

bart.

Latest posts