Truck caught fire!

Help Support CattleToday:

whatsupdoc3":261gokdo said:
Lammie":261gokdo said:
Update: Allstate totaled the truck and paid it off with a little left over for me. I was slightly relieved about it, as I am in the process of buying my FIL's truck. I will miss my Ford. She was a clean old lady.

HOW do you know it was of the female gender. :oops:

HOW do you not assign a vehicle with a personality after you have driven it for a while? Although it was never christened with a name, I do believe she was just one of the gals. Probably because she was so dependable, like her owner. :mrgreen:

Hey Lammie, sorry about your bad luck . At least your doing well with those lecherous thieves at the insurance company ;-) . Did I just say that ? I apologize in advance .

Larry

Lammie":27s04n7y said:
I doesn't sit as high off the ground, the paint is just that plain jane beige

Heavy sigh...

That sounds about perfect. There's nothing worse than a truck that looks like an Easter Egg. I almost didn't buy mine until they took that 4 by 4 emblem off of the side. I hate it and should have stood on that.

1) My next truck will not have a "key in the ignition" chime. I am in the pasture and know the key is in the ignition, I put it there. (those boys in Detroit don't get in the pasture much)

2) It will not have a seat belt chime. I am in the pasture, remember? I am going to pull this trailer forward ten feet and I am not about to put on a seat belt to do that. (those boys in Detroit don't get in the pasture much)

3) It will not have a 4 by 4 emblem, or it will stay right there on that lot. Take it off of the side or keep it. If I wanted an Easter Egg, I would have gone to Wally World.

2) It will not have a seat belt chime. I am in the pasture, remember? I am going to pull this trailer forward ten feet and I am not about to put on a seat belt to do that. (those boys in Detroit don't get in the pasture much)

Go to the junk yard and cut off the metal end part from an old seatbelt that will match your trucks belts. I have one and just stick it in the buckle end and it doesn;t chime.

dun":1ln1qlke said:

Go to the junk yard and cut off the metal end part from an old seatbelt that will match your trucks belts. I have one and just stick it in the buckle end and it doesn;t chime.

This would work alright as long as you are in the field. But in texas having no seatbelt on is a crime next to murder. Had a friend who got a citation in lowes parking lot for driving without a seatbelt.
I do believe seatbelts save lives and all kids should be buckeled in properly. But I also believe it should be an adults decession if he or she wants to wear it and not the cops.

Cal

Calman":3242tjo9 said:
dun":3242tjo9 said:

This would work alright as long as you are in the field. But in texas having no seatbelt on is a crime next to murder. Had a friend who got a citation in lowes parking lot for driving without a seatbelt.
I do believe seatbelts save lives and all kids should be buckeled in properly. But I also believe it should be an adults decession if he or she wants to wear it and not the cops.

Cal
The cops don;t patrol my pastures, which was the place that was mentioned, so I don;t worry about it.

backhoeboogie":2u0tdxlb said:
That sounds about perfect. There's nothing worse than a truck that looks like an Easter Egg. I almost didn't buy mine until they took that 4 by 4 emblem off of the side. I hate it and should have stood on that.

3) It will not have a 4 by 4 emblem, or it will stay right there on that lot. Take it off of the side or keep it. If I wanted an Easter Egg, I would have gone to Wally World.

I'm glad you said that. Thought I was the only one in the world that hated those 4x4 stickers. Also detest the "off road" stickers. And any and all other stickers past, present, or future.

Some of ya'll would like the seat belt laws in Ga. If you're 21, you don't have to wear a seatbelt in a pickup.

dun":1qw4wp0j said:

My husband does this and it drives me insane... I tell him if he's in an accident and that dammmed seatbelt is rigged, he'd better hope he dies or I'm going to kill him...
sorry... I think its a good thing... don't want no spatula scraping anyone in my family off the road.

Lammie thanks for telling me about the link at ford motor company. I checked out my truck and there arent any recalls of any type on it thank goodness.

ga. prime":12nds0d0 said:
Some of ya'll would like the seat belt laws in Ga. If you're 21, you don't have to wear a seatbelt in a pickup.

Here in Texas, you can ride in the back of the truck if you are over 14 years old. But if you crawl in the cab and don't put on a seat belt, it can cost you dearly. Even a 1 ton, appraently even in Lowe's parking lots.

These seatbelt laws were suppose to lower our insurance rates. Its been over 20 years now. My insurance rates never went down. I have paid some fines tho. Too bad I wasn't steering the truck from the bed. I would have been legal.

Calman":e6unf4mo said:
dun":e6unf4mo said:

Cal
I sure agree with you on that.
:help: We need to be rescued from all the ones that are saving us. :help:

Started wearing my seatbelt back in 1995 when I bought a new truck. Just decided I was going to do it. After all that time I feel totally naked without the darn thing on even if I'm only going a few hundred yards. I catch myself buckleing it just to ride around the pastures.

I wear mine because I saw what happened to my son's face when he didn't and got thrown through a window. It was not pretty.

Lammie":3o65nphq said:
I wear mine because I saw what happened to my son's face when he didn't and got thrown through a window. It was not pretty.
My point EXACTLY... its not the cops making you do it... they are enforcing the law. You can't tell me there haven't been lives saved by people buckling up to avoid the dinger that drives you nuts. I too now feel naked without it... especially in the husband's big diesel...reminds me of riding bareback...wobbling all over the place (no, I don't ride well bareback!)... :roll:

The problem is that some of you have too much money and buy them new vehicles that ding when you don't wear your seat belt. Buy something older and cheaper and you won't have that problem. :lol: :lol:

iowafarmer":366602a2 said:
The problem is that some of you have too much money and buy them new vehicles that ding when you don't wear your seat belt. Buy something older and cheaper and you won't have that problem. :lol: :lol:

With the amount of miles we put on our vehicles, something older and cheaper will be DEAD in no time...I'll take the dinger if it saves my life.

Wisteria Farms":1ddiidcj said:
iowafarmer":1ddiidcj said:

With the amount of miles we put on our vehicles, something older and cheaper will be DEAD in no time...I'll take the dinger if it saves my life.

I hate the dinger, but I cannot afford to lose $ trying to baby sit something older. Been there and done that. When folks are buying, they want it NOW. They want someone dependable to deliver when they have a marketed commodity. Time is money. I am not about to put a 20K load behind something with wore out suspension, wore out breaks, wore out tie rods, or bad tires. I cannot afford that risk or the risk of losing clients.

backhoeboogie":1235lgpt said:
When folks are buying, they want it NOW. They want someone dependable to deliver when they have a marketed commodity. Time is money. I am not about to put a 20K load behind something with wore out suspension, wore out breaks, wore out tie rods, or bad tires. I cannot afford that risk or the risk of losing clients.

Move to the Ozarks, folks are used to that up here.

Latest posts