Truck caught fire!

Help Support CattleToday:

I cannot afford to lose $ tryingn to baby sit something older
I agree...it makes a big difference if you're representing yourself to clients.. (image). If I need to get something from point A to point B, I'm going to put more weight in the guy with the reliable wheels to get'r'done. In my trade, I do a lot of talking over the tailgate of the truck...my wheels are my mobile office so its got to be nice...

Well around here you can go to local auctions and get a reliable old truck that will last for several years that are great for fence and chasing cows in pastures. If there is a gov't auction in your area those are great places to get cheap well maintained trucks that aren't fancy and get it done. Yeah if you have a client then of course you are going to use a really nice vehicle to impress them. Im talking trucks that get beet up every day and are full of fence supplies and tools. The kind you don't take on long trips and don't care hwat happens to them. Im not going to take my good truck out in a pasture get it full of **** and maybe have a cow try to climb in it or runn into the sides while you are transporting their calf. Thats what them cheap trucks are for.

We've always had one of those. My daughters had bounced one off of every tree in the pasture by the time they were 14.

If I am hauling limestone in the dump trailer, or hauling the hoe, or the cat, or the 125 horse tractor, those 3/4 tons are very scary. Plus you are relying on a 30 amp fuse to stop 21 tons of trailer if the cat is on the flat bed.

Hauling 16 round bales is only about 12 tons at best. The 3/4 ton is okay for that.

iowafarmer":3fs4xsdz said:
Well around here you can go to local auctions and get a reliable old truck that will last for several years that are great for fence and chasing cows in pastures. If there is a gov't auction in your area those are great places to get cheap well maintained trucks that aren't fancy and get it done. Yeah if you have a client then of course you are going to use a really nice vehicle to impress them. Im talking trucks that get beet up every day and are full of fence supplies and tools. The kind you don't take on long trips and don't care hwat happens to them. Im not going to take my good truck out in a pasture get it full of be nice and maybe have a cow try to climb in it or runn into the sides while you are transporting their calf. Thats what them cheap trucks are for.

We have an old F450 stake truck for that... I'm talking about my husband rigging the dinger in the truck that he's in 90% of the time.

whatsupdoc3":5noer3vg said:
backhoeboogie":5noer3vg said:
We've always had one of those. My daughters had bounced one off of every tree in the pasture by the time they were 14.

If I am hauling limestone in the dump trailer, or hauling the hoe, or the cat, or the 125 horse tractor, those 3/4 tons are very scary. Plus you are relying on a 30 amp fuse to stop 21 tons of trailer if the cat is on the flat bed.

Hauling 16 round bales is only about 12 tons at best. The 3/4 ton is okay for that.

Can we say hydraulic breaks?

I have to assume you talking about trailer hydraulic brakes.

Did you put a wet kit on your pick-up? Do you pull stock trailers? Flat beds? Maybe even a camper trailer? They all come with universal electric brakes. If they came hydraulic, no one would buy them because most folks can't put wet kits on their pick-ups. So how did you rig your break away with your hydraulic conversion? When you get ready to sell the RV, FLat Bed, G/N dump, or Stock Trailer, you're going to have a hard time doing it unless the purchaser has already spent a few thousand converting all his trailers and putting in a wet kit.

You are the only one in America that I know of who has a wet kit on a pick-up just for pulling trailers. --- And, you have converted all of your trailers too? Wow! You must be rich.

Latest posts