Triplets

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a heifer have triplets the other night n single digit temps. Delivered all 3 alive and unassisted. He sold one and left the other 2 with her. They seem to b doing well and she's got the milk. She's a rwf cross.

It seems I'm hearing about several sets of twins this but trips is a new one. Must be the moon phase or something.

50# Each? Pretty good load for a heifer!
Lucky they didn't get tangled up with one another trying to get out.

If she's actually making enough milk and taking care of them I will give him 3000$ for the heifer and 2 remaing calves today. That's a impressive girl.

denvermartinfarms":37dwep1w said:
If she's actually making enough milk and taking care of them I will give him 3000$ for the heifer and 2 remaing calves today. That's a impressive girl.
He's right by Eldorado Kansas and he will sell her and the 2 babies for that.

Lucky_P":2us3vxut said:
50# Each? Pretty good load for a heifer!
Lucky they didn't get tangled up with one another trying to get out.
Yes 50 each and you're right about that being lucky. The whole deal was lucky but he needed it because he also lost a couple this week. Sat he bought 40 RA 3 yr olds. First one calved a dead baby Monday. If it was me I would of put that 3 rd baby on her but he don't have time to mess with all that.

denvermartinfarms":csqk540x said:
His name is Ryan 316-377-1122.

Congratulations on triplets and their safe and live delivery. I just had a four-year-old Black Angus cow have triplets over the course of two days Friday and Saturday. All three calves were stillborn. All were heifers and fully developed. Cow showed absolutely no signs of calving yet and wasn't due for 14 more days. The lone bright spot is the cow is alive, has been checked by the vet, and everything appears normal.

Latest posts