Triangle Horse Sale in OK

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Anyone ever been to the Traingle Horse Sale in Shawnee, Oklahoma? My neighbor used to go. Are the horse outrageous, or can you get some pretty good horses for a good price?

you can watch for yourself on the net. go to tiangle sales web site there is a link to watch the sale. there is a sale on tomarrow.

I used to go ALOT, now every now and then..

Depends on the type of horse you are wanting..the high sellers up there will be reiners and cutters that are by proven sires or have a good show record. I seem to think the highest price I saw was $65,000?

Although I got my sale overview in the mail...high seller was a PSB son for 35K..and they had afew QH mares by Rooster, Shining Spark that went for under 10 grand..made me cringe abit.

The halter and pleasure horses you can pick up CHEAP..roping horses are a toss up..some will bring good money, some won't

One of the sales I went to, average jug headed Kids horses were bringing over 5 grand..people wanted horses for their kids that day!

Sarah

CopeMan":2zeyphjz said:
When you say cheap for halter and pleasure horses, what is cheap?

I saw a NICE tobiano mare go through afew years ago..shes had a number of points in a variety of events, was a proven broodmare and QUIET QUIET.. $4800

Ive seen halter weanlings go through for $1000-$1500..some cheaper.

go to http://www.trihorse.com and you can look up the past sales.

Latest posts