Traveler 6807 breeding suggestions

Help Support CattleToday:

Gator Bait

Reaction score
I'm starting a small registered angus herd and looking for suggestions to breed a Traveler 6807 cow and a BC Lookout cow for replacement heifers. Angus only, and I don't care about numbers. Thanks

A1747 [12811512] or his pappy,
1418 [11626546]
Alot depends on the cow

If you go the EXT route, using a son would probably be a lot less expense....JVC Emulation V910 is good, we're using him on our herd. Nice females, tight udders, really good feet. Posting just the pedigree doesn't really offer much. For example, I have a really wide, square hipped cow, deep ribbed, not long bodied, phenomenal udder, good disposition. Bred her to JVC Emulation hoping to get a nice daughter out of her that is pretty much a knock off of the dam....got bull. This year breeding to War Party, hoping to produce a daughter who has her dam's strengths, but longer and a touch more frame. Just by giving you her sire, grandsires and all that, you don't know what flaws we need to breed to correct or what flaws we may get away with on the sire of choice, because of the strength of the dam.

V910 could be a good choice, add some jorgenson. Dont know that much about him, if he would stretch them out, XXP would.

Latest posts