Transformations (before and after pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Had a big day yesterday clipping and doing the feet on the melbourne team, plus a couple of feet on the commercial cattle.

Photos are pretty poor - I didnt have anyone to stand them up except for the one of the big bull.

Anyway, opinions?

Misty - will be in the under 12 months heifer class

Before (the one in the middle)
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_002.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_024.jpg

Bliss - will be in the 15 - 18 months heifer class

Before
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_026.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_010.jpg

Floss - will be in the 18 - 20 months heifer class

Before
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_020.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_027.jpg

Connie - will be in the 18 - 20 months heifer class

(I dont think I have a before photo of her as we just grabbed her out of the paddock the other day)

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_007.jpg

Misty - will be in the 21 - 30 months heifer/cow class

Before
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_038.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_023.jpg

Tingle - will be in the 30 - 32 months cow class (with bull calf called Ironbark)

Before
MG_Photos_21-08-07_001.jpg

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_016.jpg

Bonanza - will be in the 15 - 18 months bull class

Before
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_045.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_013.jpg

Cappucino - will be in the 21 - 30 months bull class

Before
New_murray_grey_photos_23-06-07_048.JPG

After
MG_Photos_21-08-07_030.jpg

And a bonus photo, just cos I thought it was cute :D

MG_Photos_21-08-07_004.jpg

they're pretty. I wouldn't have taken off quite as much hair as you, but maybe it's different down under.

funky 4-Her":oa1avgbc said:
Wow its amazing how much they change after being cleaned up... I like that Cappucino bull.

Me too, but I like him better in the before pic.

Thanks every one for the comments.

Glover, we use an electric shearing handpiece for most of it and a small pair of dog clippers for fiddly bits, like around the udders and faces etc.

iowahawkeyes, they were clipped right back on the heads and front end because the show is about a month away. By then the new growth will be the right length. But clipping here (and showing in general) isnt as intense as it is where you are. We mainly just shape the tail setting a bit (particularly when it isnt quite right), take down the front end particularly with heifers to fine them up a bit, I like to clip out the udder to show off the teats, and then just tidy up the guard hairs. There are some people here that dont clip their cattle at all.

Cowboy 2.0":1sinwbei said:
funky 4-Her":1sinwbei said:
Wow its amazing how much they change after being cleaned up... I like that Cappucino bull.

Me too, but I like him better in the before pic.

He looks like a completly different bull after being cleaned up.... I think he looks older in the before pic.

Yes, I think he looks older in the first picture, too. I think its because he had all that 'old bull' curly hair all over his head, and now its all been taken off. Bear in mind the pictures are taken from two different angles. I do think he looks a bit cleaner in the second pic, though.

Cappa, Floss and Misty (young) will be at a small show this weekend. The big show is in a months time, so I will keep updating.

Isn't the pics of the Cappucino bull the same one you had in the breeds section asking which is the better bull? The pics look identical to me.

Latest posts