Trailer EBY or Featherlite?

Help Support CattleToday:

I know it was not one of the options listed but we like our Exiss trailer real well. Good price too.

May want to do a search on here. I've voiced my opinion on these two a few times before, not wanting to bash either breed but they both have faults. If by chance you do get a Featherlite get a roll-up door on the back. The inside slider sucks.

cfpinz

The one option I really like on the Eby's is the sliding compartment door. It lets you resize your compartment by moving the door forward or backward. If you do anything with show animals it's pretty cool since you can put your tack up front and slide teh door up and give yourself more room.

I'd also check to see if they rivet or weld the trailers since Featherlites can be an issue with welds breaking, or so I've heard.

klintdog":8fcl13d4 said:
I'd also check to see if they rivet or weld the trailers since Featherlites can be an issue with welds breaking, or so I've heard.

This is the reason we went with a Wilson over a Featherlite--the Wilson's are riveted instead of welded. We pull through the pasture quite a bit so we needed a trailer with a little flex. That said, I think Featherlite and Eby both make a pretty good trailer as well. The nice thing about aluminum trailers is that they hold their value.

Latest posts