Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

cagle520

Reaction score
Need to know what an older JD 4020 is worth. It's at least 15/20 years old. I have a lady who is selling it that generally only feeds hay with it. The reason for the sale is since it is not used much the battery is usually down. I normally feed for her with my little MF. I think I would only have to rework the charging system. What do ya think?

A lot of things to consider:
How are the tires?
How many hours?
Has it been maintained well?
Ever been overhauled? If so, how long ago?
What's the general condition of the tractor?

Anyway you could post a picture for us?

Bullbuyer":169dc1kl said:
A lot of things to consider:
How are the tires?
How many hours?
Has it been maintained well?
Ever been overhauled? If so, how long ago?
What's the general condition of the tractor?

Anyway you could post a picture for us?
well if its a 4020 your looking at 35yrs old or older.an you know itll run.so id say $5000 to $7000.is it a gas or diesel.

Does it have FEL on it? Is it a console model, they bring a little more money.

Pretty much computer non savvy. I don't have any pictures and not really sure if I could put them on here but will try. As far as condition it is in pretty good shape (for an old tractor) decent tires(no cracks good treads), one small leak on one of the hose connectors and, like I said before the charging problem. I don't think it has been rebuilt, diesel ,upkeep probably not the best but, has'nt been worked real hard as far as I know. thanks for all help!!!

The 4020 also had powershift as an option. That will add value to the tractor. They are a dang good tractor.

I read somewhere several years ago that the 4020 was the most sought after tractor that JD ever built and quoted prices in the upper teens.Z