tractor tire sealant?

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't know about mixing with water on one, but if I get a thorn I just put in an entire jug (big one) of Green Slime. It's cheaper than hauling it to town to get patched. It's worked well so far.

The tire sealant will work. But if you ever have to have to get somebody to fix that tire late, you have just earned an enemy ;-) They hate working on tires with slime.

Green slime works fine. There is another way of doing it,If the rear tires are tubless before putting second side on rim throw in 5 or 6 rolls of toilet paper with out the card board tube in the center.finish mounting tire with air then let air out and put about 2/3 full of water. The toilet paper gets shredded and will adhere to thorns. Some here even use old news papers.
I have the back tires on a 656 International doubled up.I put a size bigger tire over the new tire befor mounting on the rim. I use steel belted pick up tires on the front with slime and toilet paper in them.
I mow 3 to 5 hundred acres of mesquites a year. The only problem I have is if trying to plow the rear tires will spin inside the old outer tires.
a 12 x 38 will need a 16.9x 38 over it.16.9 are scarce. a 18.4 x38 will work but is pretty loose on tire.
Air plane tires with slime in them work ok on front also but they are hard on front end because of the less give in side walls due to 24 plys.

Latest posts