Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
Went in to look at electric fence boxes and swung through the cattle feed

$15.29 for 12% sweet feed that's $611 a ton

20% cubes $13.49 that's $539 a ton

16% pellet $21.29 that's $851 a ton

They even had Bermuda square bales $19.99 a bale that $799 a ton

The horse owners and hobbyist are lining the pockets of somebody sure wish it was me

Attachments

• A5A2AE01-EACF-47BC-9BE8-06648AA82FBB.png
    A5A2AE01-EACF-47BC-9BE8-06648AA82FBB.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • D2BBC775-43DA-438A-B338-5D5AA1AF41C6.jpeg
    D2BBC775-43DA-438A-B338-5D5AA1AF41C6.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 3
  • F35EB4F3-DAFF-495E-9E90-856C0C65314C.jpeg
    F35EB4F3-DAFF-495E-9E90-856C0C65314C.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 4
Yeah the help at our local TSC is jacked up to. The old manager left about a year ago. Now I'm pretty sure the help couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom!
They are usually my last resort stop for anything or usually a weekend stop or late evening if I ain't have time to make it to the feeder supply In town before 5

Went in to look at electric fence boxes and swung through the cattle feed

$15.29 for 12% sweet feed that's $611 a ton

20% cubes $13.49 that's $539 a ton

16% pellet $21.29 that's $851 a ton

They even had Bermuda square bales $19.99 a bale that $799 a ton

The horse owners and hobbyist are lining the pockets of somebody sure wish it was me
Who ain't?

Price of convenience. Sometimes in a bind and have to buy a bag to get through the pinch.
TSC has always been over priced. But most of their shoppers are hobby farmers or pet owners. I will admit I will go in on occasion if I need something in a pinch. GoWyo is right people will pay for convenience including myself.

TSC has always been over priced. But most of their shoppers are hobby farmers or pet owners. I will admit I will go in on occasion if I need something in a pinch. GoWyo is right people will pay for convenience including myself.
True. Everywhere there's a TSC around here there's a Rural King, so I very rarely go to TSC. RK is 5 times the store.

I went in the Jarrell TSC Last week and bought 3 bundles of cattle panels or 150 panels. If you've ever handled bundles of cattle panels with a lift you know it's kinda tricky. They did a unbeatable job of loading my trailer and the panels with the bulk discount where 4.00 per panel cheaper than anywhere else. My TSC is perfect for this hobbyist that buys 5000.00 worth of panels at a time.

I always think of TSC as the Wal-Mart of "feed stores". I dont buy feed there but I do grab sprayer parts or other things there because the store hours are good and you can get a variety of things there.

Have never been in a RK. They don't have them here but from what I see online it would be nice to have.

TSC is making a big push. They are getting in to a lit of small towns here. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I always think of TSC as the Wal-Mart of "feed stores". I dont buy feed there but I do grab sprayer parts or other things there because the store hours are good and you can get a variety of things there.

Have never been in a RK. They don't have them here but from what I see online it would be nice to have.

TSC is making a big push. They are getting in to a lit of small towns here. Not sure if that is good or bad.
TSC bought Orscheln Farm & Home, which is the closest "farm store" in my county. They haven't changed the name, essentially everything is the same - so far.

We go to tractor supply only in a pinch if it's after hours or when our co op is closed. The TSC here is bad about restocking. Seems like they only have two employees in the store most times and good luck getting anyone that knows what products they have or about them if you need assistance. I would sure hate to go there to buy bulk supplies that need to be loaded.
Our Rural King is better managed, they have lots more items and keep stock better. They have more employees too, but still usually not knowledgeable. They are less expensive on most things too. We buy our dog food there, because of selection.
I wouldn't want to have to rely on buying bagged feed from TSC or RK, too expensive, we buy feed in bulk from a local feed store, it's expensive too now, but considerably less than the bagged feed.

Dog food, fencing wire and sometimes lubricants are the main things I pick up at TSC. I will usually price check them online. Some items there is no shipping on ship to store, but several times found a good deal on fence wire (Bakaert cattleman's pro hi-ten barbed wire) and they add $20/roll shipping to store and it's not a deal anymore.

Sulfur salt is about the only thing I pick up there, but there's been stocking issues at the Rochester TSC site too

A couple years ago, we were having a stretch of fence put up and the co op was selling out of wood posts as fast as they got them in, so we priced some at TSC and RK both were significantly more expensive, so we went to a farm store in an adjoining county. I have our co op to be comparable in wire.

I buy a bunch of oil and grease at TSC. They have been the cheapest around for Rotella for quite a few years. of course them having it in stock is usually the issue even before the supply issues. Pretty much everything else they sell is junk and/or overpriced. Like Fence says they usually do have good prices on stock panels though for whatever reason.

Those w
I buy a bunch of oil and grease at TSC. They have been the cheapest around for Rotella for quite a few years. of course them having it in stock is usually the issue even before the supply issues. Pretty much everything else they sell is junk and/or overpriced. Like Fence says they usually do have good prices on stock panels though for whatever reason.
And who you gonna call when you run out of net wrap on a Sunday.......twice

I like the tsc hardware section. It's a convince thing reason I even go in there unless it's biddie season I will buy the hell out of some baby chickens every year. I'm not a fan of their feed quality or pricing. I buy from the local feeder supply who mills their own feed here locally and as fence said price on panels and tpost are usually less than anywhere else local but not their wood post they proud of them crooked suckers

Latest posts