Tractor search

Help Support CattleToday:

View attachment 12917

I still need to find a weld on quick attach for my hay spear. We spent the morning getting the attached back to the 1135 before the wind came up. I may have to read the manual just to figure out what all the buttons are for in that thing.
Nice tractor congrats. You can get adapters euro to quick for a few hundred. We've got em both ways. Last one I bought was from Amazon.

I have the same loader without the self-leveling on a NH8260, I see your level indicator has been properly adjusted as mine was. When you go to pick up an implement, take the carrier group to full dump and it's easy to see the solid rod go under the hooks on your implement, then curl back to engage the auto locks. But when you go to set an implement off, don't go to full dump before setting the implement down as it can bind up on hay spear and pallet fork extensions if they are pronounced above the implement - doesn't turn out well for the implement.

In the second picture, what's going on with the cab roof at the rear of the driver's door?

Be careful with the "cheap" euro to skid steer adaptors. Mine is from Titan attachments and under load it twisted up like a pretzel and the skid steer side popped off dropping the grapple bucket to the ground with the hoses attached.

Maybe on the smaller tractors like that it would hold up fine, but not with 200hp behind it.

Be careful with the "cheap" euro to skid steer adaptors. Mine is from Titan attachments and under load it twisted up like a pretzel and the skid steer side popped off dropping the grapple bucket to the ground with the hoses attached.

Maybe on the smaller tractors like that it would hold up fine, but not with 200hp behind it.

I've had trouble with skid steer attachments on big tractors even without adapters. The tolerances are pretty loose on a lot of that stuff and a tractor can push, pull, and often lift a lot more than a skid steer.

It's worth keeping a close eye on. I've extended the lips on our bale slicer and pallet forks to keep them from slipping off. The locking pins need to be maintained as well, backdragging with the bucket can wear the points off.

Running over your bale on the road cause you lost the forks isn't a fun ride.

Euro is really the way to go for heavy duty applications.

You can order them anyway you want really. I prefer the SS setup as I have 5 loaders setup that way and only 1 Euro style.

2x 110hp 4k rated Skid Steers, 1x 180hp MFWD tractor, 1x 125hp MFWD tractor, and 1x 70hp MFWD tractor all with skid steer setups and I've never lost an attachment or broke a pin.

The one euro to global adaptor has been broke and welded more than I can remember.

I've had trouble with skid steer attachments on big tractors even without adapters. The tolerances are pretty loose on a lot of that stuff and a tractor can push, pull, and often lift a lot more than a skid steer.

It's worth keeping a close eye on. I've extended the lips on our bale slicer and pallet forks to keep them from slipping off. The locking pins need to be maintained as well, backdragging with the bucket can wear the points off.

Running over your bale on the road cause you lost the forks isn't a fun ride.

Euro is really the way to go for heavy duty applications.
Wow, that wouldn't be nice.

Ken

I ordered a weld on adaptor today, and cut off the old mounts. I got a bit of grinding to do to get it smoothed up. I would not have so much grinding if I was better with the torch.

I finally got the spear on the tractor. So much for it being easy, the plate I ordered was wrong; so much for thinking all I had to do was weld it on. I should have noticed that the hooks and eyes were wrong when I ordered it, but didn't. So I got the torch out and cut it into two pieces thinking I could swap end for end, but the lower eyes were offset different than what what my loader is, so I had to cut all the hooks and eye off, and welded onto a new plate.

The current hookup is Global/Euro, there was a prior version that had the same type of hooks but they were spaced wider at the bottom if my memory is correct. I want to say that one was manufacturer specific.

Latest posts