tractor chains

Help Support CattleToday:

We run chains every winter. 4wd tractor has cog chains on the back and a 2wd with regular tire chains.

I have an eight foot snow blower for the 2wd and sometimes the chains help a lot when I drop the blower to the ground and want to push through a snow bank etc.

We also do a little logging in the winter and chain help a lot in the woods.

I run chains on the back of my 4wd tractor every year. I've even been known to put a set of chains on the front when needed.

Chains are almost a necessity if you want to get anywhere.

You'uns get a lot more snow then we do. A foot and a half with maybe 4 foot drifts is as much as we get most years. Plus it's usually only here for 2-3 days at a stretch

[quoteYou'uns get a lot more snow then we do. A foot and a half with maybe 4 foot drifts is as much as we get most years. Plus it's usually only here for 2-3 days at a stretch][/quote]

Yes, we have fwa on our winter tractors, but still run chains on the backs. The driveways have snow on them and it has turned to ice like conditions with the extreme cold. With-out chains the tires get no grip, deep snow is not a problem, ice is. One year, we got so much ice we even put chains on the front tires on our fwa tractor so we could steer the bugger.
Jenna

Latest posts