Tom T Hall

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder how many people even listen to the radio now days with the different Pandora, Spotify, ect. The ones the fancy vehicles have for x amount commercial free. People have become spoiled. I remember wiggling the antenna on the radio trying to get a station and waiting all day for a favorite song to play. Now day you just type in the song and wam bam it's at your fingertips.
I'm barely past having just AM radio. Signal got much better late at night.

I can remember waiting until dusk to listen to WSM out of Nasville and WSL out of Chicago.
I'm pretty sure that was WLS out of Chicago. Call sign meant World's Largest Store. Sears.
(How the mighty have fallen... )

XERF, from "Del Rio" Texas on 100,000 watts.... or at least that's where the wolfman said he was broadcasting from.
:cool:

There was another radio personality broadcasting from that powerful radio transmitter across the Rio Grand.. those border blasters for awhile, long before Wolfman Jack tho. He had a rather strange history. One of the more famous or (infamous) people in Arkansas and Kansas at the time. "Dr*) John Brinkley. For awhile, he was shooting skip on a million watts.
The goat gland doctor.

He had a facility near little Rock Arkansas called Marylake which is now a monastary. Really a beautiful place.

I can't pick a favorite. Ok, Sneaky snake. I've watched/listened to him since the '70's variety shows. Just glad that his family didn't run him around the country for 1 more tour. I know that Glenn Campbell spent his life touring, it just seemed wrong.

..........I have a mostly George Strait soundtrack.......playing in my head.....when I'm driving my old open station tractor.