Today' Price's

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":1i5wrhwa said:
Hauled 14, 5 weights today averaged 1.13. Down a little here.

What sell was that? Good for you.

We hauled of a few 2 weeks ago. We didn't come close to that in GA.

We did sell a cull 1590# Lim bull for 72 cents per pound. I was suprised.

Caustic, how many steers and how many heifers? Was there alot of difference between the steers and heifers in price? They keep quoting calves up each week here, but they dont seem up when you go to the sale

stocky":232bfna4 said:
Caustic, how many steers and how many heifers? Was there alot of difference between the steers and heifers in price? They keep quoting calves up each week here, but they dont seem up when you go to the sale

There was 8 heifers and six steers. Not really a lot of difference in sex price. This was a good looking lot of baldie calfs. Seen the high price heifer go for 1.16 and the low steer for 1.07. Prices are down here from a month ago.

Thats about what they are bringing up here....pairs dropped off in the past two weeks. Sold a nice "black" pair which only brought $1050 and that was the second highest selling pair that day...two weeks they would have brought $1250.
Only good side was that I sold a slaughter cow that brought double of what I paid for her and I got a nice bull calf out of her. Never know what the market will do on a given day.
DMc

Don't you think they just put the best of the best prices in the paper/over the radio?

Seems a normal person never gets those prices.

Gail

GMN":2uxuk9hj said:
Don't you think they just put the best of the best prices in the paper/over the radio?

Seems a normal person never gets those prices.

Gail

From my experience the top 25% sale for what is quoted in the market listings.

On that note had a guy from a neighboring county bring in a load of 3 wt heifers the load brought about 35 a lb.
I think that might have been to high. The damage was done.
Poor breeding, not wormed, weaned right off their momma with little food for calf or cow.
It will be hard to bring em back.
People always amaze me, I was there when he picked up his check. Kept talking about how the cattle market was really down? :roll:
Takes all kinds

MD

He may be right. For some years it's seemed like everthing was selling at high prices. Maybe we're starting to see rewards for quality cattle and management.

Latest posts