Today explained

Help Support CattleToday:

Was told the other day a local PD has upped the starting pay to right at $70k with sign on bonuses and still can't get applicants enough to fill positions.

No more so than has ever been. We are still and short of another civil war, will remain a democratic constitutional republic.

The only difference between now and the late 1700s is the ease by which the paranoidoes present their angst compared to how Hamilton and Jefferson argued the points way back before the current media was invented.. (internet)

will remain a democratic constitutional republic.
I firmly believe considerable effort is being made to recast us as a social democracy.

United States, which typically is not considered to be a social democracy, has programs such as welfare, Medicare and Medicaid as well as public educational institutions.

A lot of effort is being made to grow those types social programs.

Greybeard and HDR, I think you guys are both right. People are trying to turn things one way or the other but, they've always done this. The internet and so called news being constantly Played hypes it up more than in the past. We still have a very very small part of the population willing to really do anything either way though. I really think if people could just ignore all this stuff it would just settle down and go away. It's kinda like the constant complainer at work. It's really easy to get sucked in and have a bad attitude if you listen to them.

They would have to add another 0 for me to even consider it in today's environment. Let these clowns reap what they sow for awhile. The sad part is a lot of innocent people will pay the price same as always. One of these groups wants to head to the Governors mansion or the Capital i would give them a ride.

Greybeard and HDR, I think you guys are both right. People are trying to turn things one way or the other but, they've always done this. The internet and so called news being constantly Played hypes it up more than in the past. We still have a very very small part of the population willing to really do anything either way though. I really think if people could just ignore all this stuff it would just settle down and go away. It's kinda like the constant complainer at work. It's really easy to get sucked in and have a bad attitude if you listen to them.
I believe we have a demographic as part of about 2 generations now, that have not had a single independent thought of their own once they passed puberty.
Everything they espouse come from either a talking head on a TV talk show or (more prevalent) hundreds and hundreds of hours of watched talking heads on youtube. Their own core values and ethics are derived from Youtube video "influencers".
The influencers' words and ethics (assuming they have any other than generating income for themselves) are then parroted by tens of thousands of their subscribers, & they are, like Lemmings running pell mell over the cliff, making post after post all over the web, linking the same youtube video they just watched.
tenor (7).gif

Was told the other day a local PD has upped the starting pay to right at $70k with sign on bonuses and still can't get applicants enough to fill positions.
If I were as young as I was when I exited the Armed Forces and they were indeed paying anywhere near that kind of $$$ I would jump right in, even with 'today's environment', but I've also always thought that kind of career should never be entered into if the primary issue was $$$$.

Obviously, at age 71 not only could I not pass the physical, I could also not perform in the job capacity. That afternoon nap is pretty important.

I believe we have a demographic as part of about 2 generations now, that have not had a single independent thought of their own once they passed puberty.
Everything they espouse come from either a talking head on a TV talk show or (more prevalent) hundreds and hundreds of hours of watched talking heads on youtube. Their own core values and ethics are derived from Youtube video "influencers".
The influencers' words and ethics (assuming they have any other than generating income for themselves) are then parroted by tens of thousands of their subscribers, & they are, like Lemmings running pell mell over the cliff, making post after post all over the web, linking the same youtube video they just watched.
View attachment 5113

View attachment 5113
I pretty well think the same thing GB. I'm amazed at what some of my good friends that are very smart people buy into on youtube, Instagram, and the news. I know some guys that are seriously afraid the piss particles from the urinal flushing are making them sick and that Mike Lindell is a mastermind and Trump will be reinstated in August when he completes his investigation. Urinals have been around forever and I'm not aware of the piss particles having ever killed anyone. I like Mike Lindell and think he's a really good business man. Also have allot of respect for the man telling his story to try and help people. He did do some pretty hard drugs for many many years though and seems a little kooky sometimes. I don't think anyone researches anything anymore. One instance is the shooting in Austin over the weekend. Guys at work were saying it was a muslim fella and he killed 18 people and wounded several more at least that's what they read on Facebook. A quick search found it was 13 wounded and 1 dead. They haven't released who the shooter was yet. These are smart guys too, who the heck gets news from Facebook and believes it ????

One of the shooters has been identified as Jeremiah Roshaun Leland James Tabb, a 17 yr old student in Killeen. They took him into custody in the high school where he was attending summer school. Texas law allows for release of identity of anyone 17 or older and, anyone 14 or older may, at the discretion of the DA, be tried as an adult.

Latest posts