Today 6/9

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
GB I have been running since daylight
hauled 6 4 wt heifers today. I just dumped them and came back to help my neighbor on his bailer.
Livingston had over 700 head today when I got there at 5 this evening mine hadn't all went through.
Five brought 1.45 one 1.48, the one showing the most Brimmer brought the high price.
Heifers in that weight range sold for an average today of 1.37.
Six wts were averaging 1.15 don't remember what 5's were going for.
Cow sale was over when I got there.

With weather conditions being what they are I am glad I have this years Hay up already.
I am afraid prices are going to get bad if Hay cutting doesn't pick up.

As soon as I get back to the main land I have to unload some 4-5wt calves. We have a couple places that have gotten zero rain. Had to start feeding hay two weeks ago at them. Luckily we cut some hay already too. Not as good as I would have liked but better than nothing.

Prices are still decent so its a good time to bounce them.

Caustic Burno":2rfubm0a said:
GB I have been running since daylight
hauled 6 4 wt heifers today. I just dumped them and came back to help my neighbor on his bailer.
Livingston had over 700 head today when I got there at 5 this evening mine hadn't all went through.
Five brought 1.45 one 1.48, the one showing the most Brimmer brought the high price.
Heifers in that weight range sold for an average today of 1.37.
Six wts were averaging 1.15 don't remember what 5's were going for.
Cow sale was over when I got there.

With weather conditions being what they are I am glad I have this years Hay up already.
I am afraid prices are going to get bad if Hay cutting doesn't pick up.

It was all over by 3pm last weekend, calves included and not many there to bid either. I counted 40 people in the seats and about 1/4 of them were kids.
Lots of horned roping steers/calves went thru..looked mostly corriente. They went thru with the cows.
Someone was dumping LH cows and a very good looking papered, trich and performance tested 3 yr old Brangus bull went thru but got passed thru.
1 mare, that got zero bids and one horned cow had just broke her right horn off slinging blood cleared me and every one else off the front row.

The dang goats sold well tho.
(for others not from this area, it don't start till 1pm, so that tells you how few ran thru last weekend)

Latest posts