Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find some CT members to be very cliquey

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

alisonb

Reaction score
To all the lurkers...we know you are out there :) . I think it would be great if you introduce yourselves, say 'Hi' and perhaps tell us why it is that you only 'lurk'.
Forum stats show that 90% of users are lurkers, 9% are casual contributors and 1% are active users that contribute about 91% of all user content (now we know who they are ;-) ). I'm not sure of CT's percentages but would presume they are similar.
I will start a poll for the lurkers that really don't want to 'Hi' :D but it would be nice if you contribute.

pdfangus":1tx8bsel said:
lurkers don't vote either huh !!!
Nope. Most of em ain't even registered, so they couldn't. I know lots of ranchers that visit here often but don't register.

I don't log in every time, usually just when there is something I want to post or reply to, but I do read the board every day. I learn a lot more by keeping my ignorance to myself. Like I used to tell kids in an unruly class, "if you have a thought that just won't keep, try not to let it leak out of your mouth". :)

Grandpa":1l4q0o0g said:
"if you have a thought that just won't keep, try not to let it leak out of your mouth". :)
That goes hand in hand with "better to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

So 'None of the above' is top of the poll, what did I leave out? :?

Isomade":17ky5j8d said:
Nope. Most of em ain't even registered, so they couldn't. I know lots of ranchers that visit here often but don't register.
You are right but I think there are still plenty that are registered that don't feel comfortable enough to post which is a pity.
Come on lurkers, let's hear from you :D .

alisonb":1rrma40d said:
So 'None of the above' is top of the poll, what did I leave out? :?

Isomade":1rrma40d said:
You are right but I think there are still plenty that are registered that don't feel comfortable enough to post which is a pity.
Come on lurkers, let's hear from you :D .
I do admire your enthusiasm. Reminds me of the little boy who was waiting on it to rain so he could go fishing in a mud puddle.

Isomade":3h1mh9wz said:
I do admire your enthusiasm. Reminds me of the little boy who was waiting on it to rain so he could go fishing in a mud puddle.
You're too young to be sooo cynical ;-)

Well, thanks to the 18 lurkers that took the time to join in on the poll :D . It's a pity there were not more of you to enable more accurate stats though :( .

I only post when I feel I might add something of value that hasn't already been hashed out. I also just enjoying reading the posts, and tend to keep a professional distance from doing too awfully much on message boards. I do enjoy the site, though, don't get me wrong on that one!

hoss_ross":186szecn said:
I only post when I feel I might add something of value that hasn't already been hashed out. I also just enjoying reading the posts, and tend to keep a professional distance from doing too awfully much on message boards. I do enjoy the site, though, don't get me wrong on that one!

Close to Sanford?

a lot of times i already see essentially the same answer or advice that i would give so i dont bother reposting it.

Douglas":xz12557o said:
hoss_ross":xz12557o said:

Close to Sanford?

Yeah somewhat. Randolph County.

maybe they figure what they like for breakfast or the casey anthony aren't that important..............

tsmaxx47":3ri8vs5m said:
maybe they figure what they like for breakfast or the casey anthony aren't that important..............
"One man's meat is another man's poison" :mrgreen:

melking":srb9vb2n said:
Someone else already said it. I am a much better learner than teacher.
its more about experience to, even if their a rookie.. some one has experienced something that might help even a pro. folks were raising cattle a long time before we landed on the moon, or invented the automobile..

Latest posts