TJ Franchise Simangus

Help Support CattleToday:

VaCowman

Reaction score
Happened upon this bull when playing around on the ABS Beef Bull search feature. Seems he is getting some use with most of his accuracies in the .55-.80 range. Pretty impressive for a 2016 model! He is a Cowboy Cut son out of a Net Worth cow. I would think this mating would produce some fantastic females with eye appeal. He ranks in the top 15-20% on a majority of his epd's. Has anyone used this bull yet, and if so, how were the calves? Due to his age, I doubt there are many females out there just yet. More curious as to what his calves were like. Thanks in advance.

I had also noticed this bull. I have not seen any calves, but here is some history and contact info. Franchise was purchased as the top seller out of the Triangle J program in Nebraska by Walsh Simmentals (Jerry Walsh). Jerry dispersed his herd in September 2019 and the bull was purchased by ABS for $45,000. From the Simmental database, there have been over 500 calves born in the first 5 months of this year. Here are some larger Simmental breeders that have several spring born calves. I have met some of them and am sure they would be willing to comment on the calves. All have websites with contact information.
Steve Eichacker in Salem, SD has recorded 10 calves. Eichacker Simmentals
Clay Lassle in Glendive, MT has recorded 42 calves. Lassle Ranch Simmentals
Jim and Travis Wulf in Starbuck, MN have recorded 23 calves. Clear Springs Cattle/ sale partner with Hook Farms
South Dakota State University has recorded 25 calves. Kevin VanderWal
Jerry Walsh previous owner in Nebraska probably could comment. Walsh Simmentals

Yearling and two year old pics

Here is a TJ Franchise bull calf we have. I`m going to see how he looks at weaning and maybe sell him as a bull. I`m happy with the way he`s looking and doing so far and his planned mating API is 142 so he has the numbers to back it up.

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Had a customer up here buy some Franchise semen, and they ended up showing one of the heifers. She is absolutely outstanding in my opinion, just super deep and powerful. Which isn't surprising with Net Worth back there, what IS surprising is the fact that she says the docility is noticeably excellent on the Franchise calves. This is not due to the Net Worth, trust me.

Had a customer up here buy some Franchise semen, and they ended up showing one of the heifers. She is absolutely outstanding in my opinion, just super deep and powerful. Which isn't surprising with Net Worth back there, what IS surprising is the fact that she says the docility is noticeably excellent on the Franchise calves. This is not due to the Net Worth, trust me.
Franchise has excellent EPD for docility in the simmental database - top 3% of the breed with 80% accuracy. Net Worth is in the bottom 15% of the breed for docility in the simmental database. Bottom 5% in the AAA database. Guess he got most of his disposition from his simmental sire.

Latest posts