CCR Boulder-SimAngus

Help Support CattleToday:

VaCowman

Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on this bull? Thinking of using him this Fall, just wanted to hear experiences from others who have used this bull. Thanks!

We used him on a Bandwagon X Built Right heifer and she had a really nice heifer last fall that we are keeping. I`m going to use Boulder on the other heifers this fall haven`t decided what to use on the Boulder heifer yet. The Boulder calf was born unassisted out of a heifer that was on show feed up until about 2 months before calving. The Boulder heifer has a great disposition. I know this is just one calf but I`m still impressed she grew as fast as Upgrade heifer and the Pays to Believe heifer born around the same time.

I'm breeding the entire mature cowherd to him in three weeks. The yearling heifers are all Hoover Dam-sired, so I didn't want to use Boulder on them. He didn't seem to have many weak points and still got into the top third in a lot of EPDs. I finish all of my calves and did structured sire evaluation for years. Boulder looked like a great choice to do a lot of things at once.

Any updates on this guy? There should be some spring herds with "new" input.

Mature cows are synchronized to him and will start calving in a couple weeks. Will let you know when I get some on the ground.

What'sMyBeef said:
Mature cows are synchronized to him and will start calving in a couple weeks. Will let you know when I get some on the ground.

Thanks, I will be anxiously awaiting your results. I will probably put him in the tank and breed him to a group of fall calving cows. I do have a few Hoover Dam daughters in there, but they'll get it too. We'll let the cards fall where they may on those.

What'sMyBeef said:

How are those calves coming along? Bonus points for pictures! :banana:

Latest posts