Best Baldy simmental/simangus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence said:
Lucid Corvum said:
callmefence said:
WTH are you... ;-)

Lucid means Clear or Bright
Corvum is latin for Raven
So you named yourself after a translucent crow? ???

"As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope."

Lucid Corvum said:
callmefence said:
Lucid Corvum said:
Lucid means Clear or Bright
Corvum is latin for Raven

"As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope."

So how bout we just call you dumb crow..... :D

callmefence said:
Lucid Corvum said:
callmefence said:

So how bout we just call you dumb crow..... :D

You can call me names just don't hurt my dogs or cows.

I haven't seen the pedigree on this one, but there may be some Lock N Load in the background somewhere... :lol:

800px-Dichrostigma_flavipes_beentree.jpg

However, if Lock N Load leaves good calves then I will not argue against his use!

Lucid Corvum said:
Bull40 said:
I'm looking into using a Baldy simangus/simmental bull on black angus cows. Trying to find the best one for WW and retaining heifers. Some that I've found have really low milk numbers. With retaining heifers I don't want cows that do not milk well. Thanks for any help!

You should look at HPF OPTIMIZER.
ASA 2728015
Hey Lucid, do you have any photos of Optimizer calves that you have bred?

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Lucid Corvum said:
Bull40 said:
I'm looking into using a Baldy simangus/simmental bull on black angus cows. Trying to find the best one for WW and retaining heifers. Some that I've found have really low milk numbers. With retaining heifers I don't want cows that do not milk well. Thanks for any help!

ASA 2728015
Hey Lucid, do you have any photos of Optimizer calves that you have bred?

Ken

These are my September calves taken a couple days ago. The calf on the far right is an Optimizer. Bull calf with White on his face.

This heifer calf is an Optimizer and she is extremely docile.

The heifer calf nursing is an Optimizer.

This is an Optimizer bull from fall 2018. This is the third Optimizer bull sold to this buyer. He likes Optimizer.

If you want WW and YW. Plus beautiful females and you like larger frame size. You might consider Hooks Broadway offered by Select Sires. Be aware of his CE! He has a nice Blaze not apparent in this picture.

My cattle respect hot wire but it would take them seconds to detect that cable wasn't hot & crawl under it on their knees & belly if necessary. :lol2: :cowboy:

Lucid Corvum said:
Bull40 said:

ASA 2728015

What about optimizers milk number? Anyone with any experience with how optimizers heifers milk?

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Silver said:
That's quite a neck on that bull.
Silver - he happens to be maybe one of the most popular bull producer in our breed. Very popular. Excellent offspring.

It may well be that he is a popular bull. And he may well produce excellent offspring. At least in this picture I do not care for him.

Silver said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Silver said:
That's quite a neck on that bull.
Silver - he happens to be maybe one of the most popular bull producer in our breed. Very popular. Excellent offspring.

It may well be that he is a popular bull. And he may well produce excellent offspring. At least in this picture I do not care for him.

The popular Lock N Load that I think Jeanne is referring to is Remington Lock N Load54U. He has sired many bulls that are selling semen today. And Wernings catalog still has a number of them in their sale this year.
https://images.app.goo.gl/8p2qCDXf8CMsQ4xq6

Silver said:
Cada22 said:
I would take a look into Fleckvieh, but I seem to be in minority for SIMM influence.

Do you currently have Fleck influence in you cattle?

Not the group that we are currently running. Looking to buy some purebred Fleck in near future.

Latest posts