Time Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Daylight savings time is good for the person who works 8 to 5. It's terrible for those that don't carry a watch and live by the rise and fall of the sun.

I hate daylight savings time. Yeah, it's good for the 8 to 5 or whatever guy, and it does help my son to get the baling done in the summer when he is on 7-4 (which they change from 8-5 winter hours) from his "real job" at VDOT. But it means that I lose sleep every night, not just when it changes. I wind up working longer in the evening on the farm, then get up at 2 am to go to a farm to test when my body is telling me it is only 1 am. But, us farmers are in the greater minority and we don't count. And they will never leave it one way or the other, cuz then the city guys will be complaining about it and they will go and change it anyway. Would rather live in a state that doesn't change it....They even change it in many other countries too.

So many thoughts running through my head. None of them nice. We are on Eastern Daylight Saving Time,(used to be central standard) and I can drive 150 miles east to Central Time. Nothing about it is right. Good luck to everyone with younings next week!

Some of us were discussing the time change at work recently.

Apparently, I do not have an internal clock that works like a lot of people. The time change has never bothered me one bit; I just go by the clock. I set it and never give it a second thought.

farmerjan":8rv2omaw said:
I hate daylight savings time. Yeah, it's good for the 8 to 5 or whatever guy, and it does help my son to get the baling done in the summer when he is on 7-4 (which they change from 8-5 winter hours) from his "real job" at VDOT. But it means that I lose sleep every night, not just when it changes. I wind up working longer in the evening on the farm, then get up at 2 am to go to a farm to test when my body is telling me it is only 1 am. But, us farmers are in the greater minority and we don't count. And they will never leave it one way or the other, cuz then the city guys will be complaining about it and they will go and change it anyway. Would rather live in a state that doesn't change it....They even change it in many other countries too.

Yep there have been times I have worked till late in the evening and be so tired don't feel like cooking but look at the clock and to late to go in town for dinner. I've eaten dinner at 11 pm or even midnight sometimes. Not looking forward to tonight and this week.

M-5":rj284z5n said:
I for one am glad to see it . I work a day job and when it's dark at 430 PM in winter it sucks . right now it's black dark at 6 PM
I don't work anymore but I still look forward to it. I have always got up early and will continue to do so and then enjoy that long afternoon and evening. Kinda nice getting dark at 9 or later. Not changing your clock accomplishes nothing especially when everyone else does. You're running an hour behind all day long. Hard to make appointments or keep appointments when two people are using two different times and you're the oddball. :lol: :lol:

TennesseeTuxedo":ysh9okdu said:
True Grit Farms":ysh9okdu said:
Daylight savings time is good for the person who works 8 to 5. It's terrible for those that don't carry a watch and live by the rise and fall of the sun.

Not sure how the sun up to sun down guy is affected in the least.

For starters I don't need any more help hunting and fishing. I also hate to eat supper late, and really dislike having to wait an extra hour to get started in the morning. Regular time is just better for me and the way I live my life.
But I'm good with daylight savings time, only because it's good for the working man.

It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.

jedstivers":2b2qigrw said:
It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.
My truck doesn;t, but I still could care less. Just one more of the vagaries of life. We still eat and feed by the same celestial clock, big deal.

i dont like the time changing back and forth! but it will almost be light out when i get out of work tomorrow! i haven't seen the sun after work in a few months

wacocowboy":14r8i19g said:
Bigfoot":14r8i19g said:

I hate to burst your bubble big guy but there are still the same amount of hours of daylight and darkness no matter how much they screw around with the clock.

I know. I use that meme every year when this subject comes up. If things go good, I get in about 4:10. Having an extra hour of light will be nice though.

Latest posts